Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Continuous innovation on electronics designs is vital for ASML ambitions as technology leader. Excellent designs are characterized by the right balance between function, quality, cost and logistical performance. Components choice determine the boundaries of design performance.
Do these statements match your view on electronics design? Are you challenged by achieving this balance together with architects, designers, suppliers and operational stakeholders? Do you want to make a difference in the future of our electronics design? Join us.
Within the sector Development & Engineering (D&E), the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronic functions and modules. Within EDEV, our group, Component Engineering, is responsible for the strategy, qualification & Life-Cycle Management of electronic off-the-shelf components and assemblies. The group consists of a team Component Engineering and a team EOL management.
The component engineer will report to the Team Lead Component Engineering.
Support realization of the ASML product roadmap by expert knowledge on component technology and market development.
Select and qualify the best off-the-shelf component solutions the market has to offer ASML.
Drive Life Cycle Management of ASML products through active project involvement and up-to-date component information. As a design component engineer your focus will be on strategic selection, registration and maintenance of electronic catalog components in the ASML design system.
In this role, early involvement and close cooperation with the design teams is essential for a smooth and efficient introduction of new materials. In your job you will be the linking pin between designers, manufacturers, supply chain engineers and procurement officers providing guidance and guard the balance between technology, quality, cost and logistics.
- Build and maintain expertise within the assigned product category
- Define the component roadmap for the assigned product category
- Drive interaction between design projects and component engineering team
- Support designers in making the best component selections
- Selection, qualification and introduction of new components in the ASML database
- Facilitate and guide the development of customized derivatives of catalog products
- Guard the data quality of the components in the database
- Lead manufacturer root cause analysis and improvement actions in case of component failures
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to the client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, paid overtime, travel allowance)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Dutch lessons for non-Dutch speakers
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
Bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience.
- More than 5 years in electronics design
- Communication with different stakeholders in a complex technical environment
- Network & commercial contacts in the component industry is a plus
- Specific knowledge in one of the following product categories: active & passive board components, sensors & actuators, connectivity, electromechanics, computer systems is a plus
- Knowledge of industry regulations (CE incl. RoHS/REACH, UL, IEC) is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Influencing without authority
- Fluent English in word and in writing