Excellent organisation for passioned, ambitious people
Detachering via YER, Detavast
Over deze vacature
Do you have experience with Quality Control and would you like to take on the challenge of helping to build the best superyachts in the world?
At our client we are looking for a Quality Controller/QC mechanical working on site at the yards of this famous superyacht builder . Examples of systems on board are; bilge, high fog, fuel, hydraulic systems and other thick and thin piping.
They build custom-made yachts that are designed entirely according to the customer's wishes. They start the process with a blank paper on which the first sketches are made. These are then further elaborated until the technique and design come together to form an exceptional product.
The scale of these projects is enormous. Some parts are therefore outsourced to subcontractors. To guarantee the quality of every part, per phase, for every project, we are therefore looking for an quality controller. At these locations you are much visibly present on the ships. It is therefore important that you are fully familiar with the safety rules and know how to tackle them.
You work closely with Quality Assurance. You also carry out quality inspections for production so that our product quality and perfection are guaranteed. As a Quality Controller , you check the mechanical engineering work performed in the hull phase, including the work completed by external parties (OCs). In addition, you monitor the established quality standards in order to initiate continuous process improvement.
In your role as Quality Controller, you are present at all inspection moments for the Mechanical Engineering department and the OCs, as described in the Inspection Test Plan (ITP). You are responsible for the presence of the persons involved described in the ITP. If errors or deviations are found in the process or product after an inspection, you will investigate the cause together with the relevant responsible person and follow-up agreements will be made for repair work.
In summary, you are responsible for:
- The digital recording (and archiving) of the measured quality of all interim and final control documents in accordance with the procedure;
- Inclusion of new control methodologies, moments and documents in the ITP;
- Keeping protocols, quality manuals, work instructions and guidelines up-to-date;
- Discussing the results and progress of the quality checks with the (assistant) manager of the department and project;
- Documenting and reporting your findings to production, inspection services, competent authorities and customers;
A world famous superyachtbuilder specialized in custom superyachts
- Excellent salary between 3000 and 4000,- gross a month
- 25 holidays + 13 ADV
- Pension plan
- You are in possession of extensive knowledge of the mechanical systems on board a ship
- In addition, you have an eye for detail and quality and you can work independently;
- You have knowledge of the entire construction process, the regulations and the quality requirements of a seaworthy luxury yacht;
- You master the skill of reading drawings/instruction sheets as well as the Dutch or English language in both word and writing;
- You have knowledge of profession-related or department-specific measuring equipment and experience of working within a production environment;
- As a representative you work for our subcontractors in a solo role. Experience in a similar independent position is an advantage;