Secondment via YER, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
Are you interested in the world of superyacht construction and would you like to work on the most unique ships in the world?
For this specialist in the design and engineering of luxury yachts, we are looking for a Structural Engineer with experience. The company consists of shipbuilders and designers with vision, who together want to personally create the future in the maritime field.
Within the Structural Engineering department we are looking for a Structural Engineer for our client.
As Structural Engineer you will work within the Structural Engineering department of the company. You will work closely with colleagues from different disciplines on large projects to achieve the perfect end result: a high quality superyacht. Within the project team you are in constant contact with colleagues to exchange information, coordinate and discuss the design. You report to the Project Engineer Structural and hierarchically you report to the Pool Manager Structural Engineering.
In this role you are mainly engaged in engineering (calculation and modeling) of shipbuilding structures and arrangements according to the requirements of class societies and flag state. You will deal with interior, exterior and mechanical design as well as shipbuilding aspects (Naval Architecture).
The technical challenges are driven by clients' wishes and dreams. This means that design, style, comfort and innovation play an important role. As a Structural Engineer you must therefore be able to see through what else is in our yachts and bring together the various engineering disciplines. It is also important that you can translate technical designs into manufacturable structural solutions.
If you can easily keep an overview between details and broad outlines and are able to bring the various engineering disciplines together, then this role suits you.
- Drafting, checking and applying physical models concerning construction, loads and materials.
- Analyze and interpret drawings.
- Assist with strength calculations that are not done by the FEM department.
- Advising in the field of constructions.
- Checking for technical correctness and safety.
A well respected engineering and design office in the worldwide superyacht industry.
- An environment where you get room for further development.
- Working with state-of-the-art programs and equipment.
- A challenging and responsible position in an organization where technology is at the top of its current possibilities.
- Working on a unique and fantastic finished product at the top of the global yacht building industry.
- The opportunity to alternate between home and office work.
- Good working conditions, including a competitive salary (grading based on experience and employability).
- A 13th month salary, premium free pension and 25 vacation days + 13 ADV days.
Are you interested in the position of Structural Engineer and would you like to know more? Feel free to contact us. Apply directly or reach us by phone or email.
What is expected of you
- A completed relevant education (shipbuilding) at college level.
- Experience as a Structural Engineer with new construction projects of superyachts and/or passenger ships.
- Experience with modern 3D CAD and PLM systems.
- Knowledge in the field of ship construction, LR, REG LY code, SOLAS and FEM and vibration analysis (on-the-job training is available).
- You are proactive, solution oriented and creative.
- Good written and oral skills in Dutch and/or English.