Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
The IT infrastructure is an integral part of the automated material handling systems that we provide to our customers. The ICT projects department is responsible for the IT Infrastructure used for the customer implementations for various customer solutions worldwide. You will be part of the ICT Projects department, which is responsible for implementing and supporting the customer IT infrastructure. You will play a significant role in our delivery of our diverse services.
From a technical scope the ICT projects department implements and maintains the IT infrastructure such as Microsoft/Linux OS standards, VM ware, various storage solutions, networking all running on HP infrastructure hardware.
As a goal oriented, proactive, creative and open minded professional you will need to build up an internal network so that you can work efficiently. You will need to align with but also support, train and advise your colleagues from various Vanderlande teams (for example the lifecycle support teams and product teams) on the ICT projects standards and challenges.
Functionally you are responsible for:
- Installation, configuration, testing and commissioning of customer-specific IT infrastructure solutions as part of projects or replacements of existing installations;
- In-house test support
- Error analysis, re-certification and troubleshooting throughout the lifecycle of the customer
- Supporting the IT service with patching, upgrades, system expansion and updates to our customers
- Participation in the review and development of new IT solutions.
- Installation, configuration of IT service products (for example antivirus, monitoring, backup
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. Its systems are active in more than 600 airports including 12 of the world’s top 20. More than 52 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and retailers have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The demand for Vanderlande’s industry-leading life-cycle services has also grown significantly in recent years, with more than 150 site-based teams operating for its customers around the world.
Vanderlande has more than 7,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Your key competences are
- Linux: Suse Linux, Ubuntu and Debian, Red Hat
- Automation skills in Ansible and other automation tools/languages. i.e. Python/Powershell
Other beneficial competences/tools
- Infrastructure Monitoring (OP5)
- Incident Management (Topdesk)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Virtual Routers (VYOS)
To be eligible for this position, you must:
- Have successfully completed vocational training or study in the field of computer science with a focus on system integration
- Have experience in complex server / client structures
- Have experience in dealing with current Windows / Linux systems and VMware as well ideally
- Have good hardware knowledge with HPE and Cisco
- Have a positive, hands on and can-do attitude
- Be fluent in English (written and verbal)