Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
SICS (Software Infrastructure and Computer Systems), the department that provides the software and hardware platform for ASML's lithography systems – the heart of ASML.
They are more than just software, networking, operating systems or computer systems; therefore their work is more than just design, virtualization or pure infrastructure. Their projects are extremely complex, the risks that they take are high and the outcome is often a technical wonder.
There’s a lot expected from them and they always deliver more than what is expected. They achieve this not just by having a deep comprehension of some of the world’s most complex technical systems, but by being reliable and committed; by eliminating roadblocks and collaborating across departments.
They are at the heart of ASML and their hearts beat Linux!
Since the number of their projects is continuously growing, ASML's department is growing as well. They are looking for people who are as passionate about Linux as they are. They also love Python, virtualization, abstracting operating systems and they love to put it all together and create unique, reliable systems which will enable their internal clients to create state of the art technical solutions.
- Are you an experienced engineer with a strong background in developing software and configuring Linux ecosystems?
- Do you enjoy creating outstanding solutions in Python?
- Are you passionate about virtualization, automation and creating reliable solutions using off the shelf components?
- Do you like to customize and configure a Red Hat Linux distribution to bring our application to maximum performance?
Does your heart beat Linux? Apply and let’s talk!
Together with a talented team you will work on:
- Enhancing, managing and maintaining the operating systems and storage solutions.
- Reducing the number of manual actions required
- Enhancing security
- Providing a higher availability
- Creating and configuring the Linux operating system using Python and Ansible
They have several teams in search for new colleagues. The OS group has some specific competence(s), in this case:
- Operating Systems
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
The day to day activities may include:
- Create, customize, configure and test Linux Red Hat and WindRiver distributions using Python scripts and Ansible (or similar tools, depending on the group).
- Create, improve and test upgrade, installation and backup & restore scripts.
- RedHat Virtualization
- Create custom RPM packages for automatic installations on our systems.
- Help creating high level work packages including estimates.
- Analyze and solve defects.
- Actively contributing to risk assessments discussions
- Bug hunting sessions of issues found in the field or at integration test systems
- Test the automatic test scripts on target hardware, representing parts of our products.
- We use common off the shelf software and we fine-tune it to our needs.
- System management & deployment
- Install, configure and maintain Linux operating systems for a variety of ASML platforms
- Creation and maintenance of software for automated ASML platforms and operating systems installations including server-side operations and troubleshooting tasks
- Use of virtualization technology and cloud providers (both virtual machines and containers) for hosting services
- Use of virtualization technology for running ASML’s machine software stack
- DTAP environment for micro-service web application development (VMWare & Docker, extensions to RHEV and Kubernetes)
- Deployments in virtualized environment
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent.
In order to be successful in one of our roles, you would need to have experience in one or several areas, such as:
- Solid experience as a Linux developer or equivalent within a high tech, enterprise environment
- Working in Agile environment (Scrum/SAFe, MVP thinking)
- Linux virtualizations and automation techniques: Docker, VMWare, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, Kubernetes
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash
- Software design experience with C or C++
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques (Robot Framework)
- Knowledge of continuous delivery process and technologies (GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Jira)
- Experience in working with configuration management systems (e.g. GIT, Artifactory).
- Experience in creating high level designs and writing documentation.
- Experience with hardware architectures like x86, PPC, GPU
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance Linux operating systems
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are an enthusiastic and ambitious Linux professional with good communication and stakeholder management skills.
- You are willing to take the lead on technical decisions and have a high quality standard for deliveries.
- You take initiative, continuously drive for improvements, you want to learn and you enjoy achieving results together with your team
- You have a strong business awareness (you are able to translate value based discussions into technical deployments)
- You are capable to understand the bigger picture and think in building long-term reliable solutions.
- You know that in order to move forward you might need to take calculated risks, when the projects require it. Together with your team, you will formulate the best solution and together take the risks and responsibility for delivering the projects