Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their clients microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. ASML also produces metrology tools and advanced applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process. You can be a part of the movement that will bring the next generation of chips to the world.
Be a key participant in the development of our distributed data and compute platform infrastructure. Be accurate, be precise and own the specification, design and implementation of security-related features. Onboard, integrate and configure open source or other packages that support the development of semiconductor process tuning applications on the ASML platform.
Be part of this compute platform that is one of the main pillars under the production of the next generation microchips of Apple, Samsung and many others. You will be working in the virtual compute platform (VCP). This platform is developed inside ASML to host compute and analytics applications that aim to improve the yield in the semiconductor factories of their customers.
You will be working as a Lead Security Designer in the virtual compute platform (VCP). This platform is developed inside ASML to host compute and analytics applications that aim to improve the yield in the semiconductor factories of our customers.
These applications take data from ASML scanners and ASML yieldstar equipment. They combine this data to real time production corrections and scanner process diagnostics. The corrections are sent back to the ASML production equipment. Failure of the platform has high impact. It would mean failure of the customers (TSMC, Apple, Samsung, Intel etc.) production facility.
The platform is currently developed based on DC/OS. In 2023 ASML is completing the migration to Kubernetes for orchestration and CEPH for storage. They develop the platform aspects in their team. Scheduling of resources, containerization, fail-over and data collection from scanner and measurement devices inside the fab. They have an uptime expectation of 4 nine’s. As a true distributed computing and security expert you will have your own view on such a baseline expectation. This might be a nice topic to discuss during an interview.
Installations and upgrades are automated with Ansible. Other technologies you may encounter are Spark for data processing, Kafka for notifications and high volume data ingestion. Hadoop and HBASE are used for data storage (being replaced by CEPH). They are open to your underpinned input on the suitability of stable alternatives for these technologies where these better suit the ASML business case.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
You will be working cross-team as a technical lead for security related work packages. Deep knowledge of cloud environments and security is required. You are able to train and coach the teams and engineers working on these items. You take responsibility for:
- Design and implement the security aspects of the product with the team
- Support on the test automation accompanying every delivery
- Help application developers to understand the security framework
- Make the VCP secure and reliable
- Background in Software Engineering (BSc/MSc)
Knowledge & experience
- Strong software development and IT infrastructure background
- Expert knowledge on security, designing and implementing IT-Security (e.g. Hashicorp, Keycloak, platform hardening, role-based access) in enterprise cloud environments
- Experience in development environments using C/C++/Java(JNI) and Python
- Solid experience in K8s, including knowledge on microservices architecture, Ansible and Terraform
- Experienced in CI/CD, including git, test automation, etc.
- Experience in standard compliances in cloud and security domain