Marketing & Communication
Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
Would you like to enable transition to sustainable solar energy for future generations? Do you want to work in an innovative and internationally growing company? Are you well versed in writing technical texts and are you getting energy of working on different projects at the same time? Then we are looking for you!
As a Technical Content Specialist, you are responsible for collecting and coordinating technical content as input for the external technical writing agency for the delivery of technical documentation and instructions. These documentations are delivered to the customer together with new products and contain, among other things, technical information about the operation, applicability, tips & tricks for the use and maintenance of the product.
The Technical Content Specialist collects technical content to create complete, correct and consistent data files and to process that into a market-compliant document. Your job is to collect the right information and implement it in the right place. It's a job with a lot of diversity: one minute you're in a meeting with Engineering and Product Management to go through the technical details of our new product, and then you're in contact with our agency about the realization of the new manual. Other tasks and responsibilities are:
• Validate technical product specifications that are exchanged between Engineering and Product Management to get the final specifications on paper;
• Process technical documentation such as manuals, technical data sheets and customer-specific drawings;
• Support the Marketing & Communication department in creating relevant product content;
• Coordinating the translations of manuals for the various countries in which Esdec is active;
• Organizing information needs from the organization in the right direction;
• Provide technical product support to the organization;
• Providing support in drafting presentations and strategic documents.
The Technical Content Specialist is part of the Product Management department. You will join a team of 4 Product Managers, a Product Data Coordinator, and a Business Analyst. There are colleagues focuses more on the technical field, while the other one is focuses more on developments from the market. You will report to the Product Management Director Europe.
ESDEC Support EU is part of the Esdec Solar Group and supports the European business units ESDEC Distribution, ESDEC Solar Projects and Blubase. These business units are global and leading suppliers of solar panel mounting systems on pitched and flat roofs with all types of roof coverings in the world. They supply to installers, distributors and EPC companies.
The ESDEC Support EU organization is located in Deventer and consists of the Operations, R&D, Product Management, Finance, HR and IT departments. These departments with approximately 55 employees support the business units in every phase from product design, product launch to the delivery of its products within Europe. ESDEC Support EU is a modern organization with an informal culture and enthusiastic colleagues. We pay a lot of attention to personal development and offer many opportunities for training.
Other facts & figures:
· Esdec Solar Group (ESG) is the parent organization of ESDEC Support EU and is active in mounting systems for solar panels in more than 20 countries;
· The growth strategy through both acquisitions and organic expansion has made ESG one of the most important players in different countries and continents such as Europe, America and Asia;
· In Europe, ESG has the companies ESDEC Distribution (Deventer), ESDEC Solar Projects (Deventer) and Blubase (Zwolle) with ESDEC Support EU (Deventer) as support organization;
· In America, ESG has the companies IronRidge (Hayward), PanelClaw (Osgood) and EcoFasten (Phoenix) with ESDEC Support US (Walnut Creek) as support organization;
· ESG continues to develop and responds quickly, reliably and innovatively to the changes in the solar industry;
· ESG is originally a Dutch organization and partly in the portfolio of Blackstone and Rivean Capital;
· Today, more than 400 passionate employees worldwide work at ESG, collaborating on the vision to enable the transition to sustainable solar energy for future generations.
A challenging full-time position for 32-40 hours a week at ESDEC Support EU where you can work one day from home and partly from their head office in Deventer. You will be placed in a dynamic and involved environment where cooperation and results are central. As a colleague at ESDEC you get:
· Nice colleagues who are happy to welcome you to our ESDEC family;
· A good salary, matching your education and experience;
· 25 vacation days of a full-time basis;
· Non-contributory pension with an option to save;
· Bonus payment;
· Plenty of development opportunities, we like to invest in the future;
· A free healthy lunch on the days you work at the office;
· Laptop and mobile phone;
· Flexibility in working from home;
· Allowance for working at home and for a workplace;
· A job in a healthy and successful company operating in a dynamically growing market.
· A completes HBO education in Technology;
· Experience in the realization of technical content;
· Affinity with technical product development;
· Experience with reading technical 2D and 3D drawings;
· Excellent command of English language (spoken and written).
This is who you are
· You are technically inclined and have a feeling for technical formulation;
· You know how to ask the right questions and to listen carefully until it is completely clear;
· You can work well on different projects at the same time and you will take the initiative yourself;
· You are conceptual, planned and creative;
· You know how to collect the right information and how to implement it in the right place;
· You are always aware of new developments and techniques;
· You know how to successfully bring projects to an end.