Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, High Tech, Engineering
Over deze vacature
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The growing complexity of our machines and our aim to deliver higher quality faster, is creating a lot of focus on the area of Engineering Simulation and Hardware Engineering at ASML. In our department of IT Solution Delivery Hardware we are looking for an enthusiastic experienced Scrum master with a passion for technology who likes to understand what the teams are working on. Do you get energized by getting the most out of your team and leading them in an enterprise environment? Then we could be could be a perfect fit for one another.
You will be responsible for two agile teams in one of the IT Solution Delivery Hardware ART’s. Main goal is to create a full agile driven mindset in the teams to maximize customer value creation over time.
At ASML we work with SAFe, which means you’re not only working together with your teams, but you’ll also be together with the Product Owner, the linking pin between your teams and the other scrum teams inside the ART.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are crucial. You will work towards meeting and exceeding expectations and you are flexible, ambitious and willing to embrace the opportunity to improve. You will identify and understand the needs of our clients and be responsive, analytical and quality focused. To be successful at ASML you also like to understand technology and be able to discuss technical topics.
You’ll mainly communicate with Team members (IT Specialists), Product Owners, colleague Scrum masters, Release Train Engineer, Chief Product Owner and Group Lead.
Success in this position enables ample opportunity to develop a career within ASML.
This means we’re looking for somebody who will:
- Be a Scrum master for two software scrum teams.
- Serve and lead the team at the same time.
- Take the lead and drive scrum events and make sure they are executed efficiently.
- Create transparency and alignment on scrum team velocity, quality of deliverables and happiness of the team members.
- Continuously improve productivity and predictability together with the development team.
- Coach team members in agile tools, scrum events and artifacts.
- Accelerate delivery lead time by increasing collaboration, optimizing structures in place, solving impediments and shielding team where necessary.
- Coach product owner and development team in incremental and iterative development.
- Coach development team to improve their DoD and DoR and in CI/CD practices.
- Be voice of the dev. team regarding forward planning based on team velocity.
- Continuously seek for improvements and embed such an attitude, drive impactful retrospective actions to completion.
- Act as software group ambassador.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- BSc or MSc in information technology, computer science, mechanics, or electronics.
- >3 years’ experience as scrum master in a technology environment
- Experience with SAFe
- Experience with Atlassian tooling (Jira, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience with working at a technology driven company.
- Able to initiate, influence and lead.
- Team player.
- Active listening, giving feedback.
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude.
- Eagerly looking for improvements.
- Quality driven.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English