Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
For ASML, data is an asset which has a high business value and which we need to protect and properly manage. Access to the data that is generated by our equipment and compute systems needs to be managed in a controlled way and in line with expectations from and agreements with our customers.
Do you have a passion for data and developing advanced solutions to properly manage and protect data access? Are you eager to learn and further develop yourself in a company that is continuously developing the most advanced machines in the world? Then you may be the person we are looking for!
Vast amounts of data are generated by ASML equipment that is used by our customers in their semiconductor factories. This data is used (by both ASML as well as our customers) for many different use cases, e.g. to diagnose problems with the equipment, to do equipment performance monitoring, and to support the maintenance process and to improve equipment performance by creating control loops. Next to that it is also used as input for the development of our next generation of machines.
Since this data represents a lot of value, it is crucial that this value is properly protected (i.e. protect ASML and our customer’s Intellectual Property) The trusted information broker is a crucial building block in our overall machine data pipeline. It has to ensure that we are able to allow access to machine data in line with agreements made, which can be by filtering or anonymizing data.
As a Software Engineer Trusted Information Broker you will be part of the team that is actually developing and managing the building block trusted information broker.
You will develop high quality software deliverables using container technology and a modern programming language (Go). You will also ensure that software artifacts are correctly deployed within our overall software landscape. Where needed you will support in analyzing and solving issues.
Over time this role can be expanded towards development of other software components within the Data Governance and access functional cluster.
You will also proactively come up with suggestions for improvements based on feedback from users, architects and domain experts.
- Develop, test and maintain high quality, robust software artifacts that are required for the trusted information broker building block, using container technology and Go as programming language
- Execute proper deployment of software artifacts into a workable solution
- Identify issues and gaps and develop solutions to resolve these
- Document all developed software solutions
- Proactively define improvement proposals to improve performance, functionality and/or quality of the trusted information broker building block.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Informatics, Information Technology or equivalent
- Preferably 4-8 years relevant work experience within a highly complex technical field, preferably in dealind with machine data
- Hands on experience with container technologies like Podman (preferred) or Docker as well as container orchestrators like Kubernetes
- Proficient in Go programming
- Knowledge of build automation technologies – creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using either GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins
- Strong understanding of Source Code Management branching strategies and the use of Git / Bitbucket / GitHub
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks and Polarion is an advantage
- Understanding of data access and data security processes and preferably also tools.