Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you our new Design Engineer cabin
As a lead engineer in the Cabin Body and Exterior group, you translate market requirements and technical challenges into successful products.
You work according to DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) methodologies from definition phase via concept development to a final result in a multidisciplinary team. You also monitor the technical and functional status and progress through design reviews and risk reduction activities.
We expect you to take the lead in the coordination between the Design Centre, development partners, suppliers and Production Engineering.
Given the size of the work package in this field in the upcoming projects, the Engineer will also have a coordinating role in the development of releases by means of externally hired capacity.
During the concept phases of projects, the emphasis will be on concept definition, both in terms of materialization/process design (module formation), and on coordination with the environment. In later phases, risk assessments and also the actual releases and purchases will play a stronger role. Decisive and proactive intervention in the event of imminent problems are part of your duties. You will work closely with the testing departments.
The Cabin Development Department consists of two construction groups: Body & Exterior and Interior, Trim & Dashboard. Together they are responsible within Product Development for the realization of (sub) projects for the entire cabin. The realization is largely done in consultation with various suppliers and a number of large development partners, but always on the basis of own final responsibility in the concept definition and elaboration. We are looking for an Engineer for this department.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- You have a HBO degree in Industrial Product Design, Automotive Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- You have a few years of work experience developing consumer and/or automotive products
- You have experience with CAD systems, preferably Unigraphics
- You also have experience with construction in metal and/or plastic (manufacturability, tooling, strength & stiffness)
- You are able to convert technical challenges into realistic products
- You are decisive, independent and have a driven collegial attitude and you can work well in a team
- You master the English language