Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Vanderlande is using Kubernetes to run its latest Logistic Process Automation software solutions, both on-premises and in the cloud. The clusters are part of the Vanderlande Container Platform and based on Rancher and Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Services.
In this position you have the challenge to take the automation of the Vanderlande Container Platform to the next level!
In your role, you are the go-to person with respect to automation. You will be responsible for tying together tools & technologies to accelerate the delivery of value - offered by the Container Platform – through automation.
You get to work in an DevOps environment with highly technically skilled colleagues and state of the art technology with opportunities to develop your skills, both on a technical and personal level.
The ICT Platform & Technology Solutions department is part of Corporate IT with a mission to be an innovative and trustworthy digital service provider. The department is responsible for ALM, PLM, IT Innovation and Architecture, IT Infra Module Management, and the coordination and acceleration of various digital activities.
You will be part of the Container Platform team consisting of 4-5 specialists.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. Its systems are active in more than 600 airports including 12 of the world’s top 20. More than 52 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and retailers have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The demand for Vanderlande’s industry-leading life-cycle services has also grown significantly in recent years, with more than 150 site-based teams operating for its customers around the world. Vanderlande has more than 7,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
As a DevOps Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Improving the quality and reliability of the platform and its components, following DORA metrics
- Keep our code secure by design.
- Setting up and maintaining automation tools and CI/CD pipeline(s)
- Supporting colleagues from various software teams with automation related topics
- Evangelize the usage of automation and DevOps related practices and technologies with other teams
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or other technical field of study
- More than 5 years relevant work experience in a high tech environment
- Team player with a strong customer focus and good customer facing skills
- You like to challenge status quo and drive change and possess a good level of entrepreneurship;
- i.e. you are motivated to explore new opportunities
- You like to work using Agile methodology
- Good Linux skills
- Good Kubernetes skills
- Good software development and scripting skills
- Knowledge of setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (ArgoCD)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code tools (Terraform, Terragrunt, Packer, Ansible)
- Secure by design mindset.