Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you DAF's new Mechanical Expert?
In this function you report to the Project Lead Engineer of the project team and overall to the department supervisor. As a design engineer you have a range of responsibilities:
- Main activity is solving issues in the field, at production or at the supplier.
- In cooperation with the design team and suppliers you develop new or adapt existing constructions to meet project targets.
- You are responsible for initiating supporting activities in other groups such as verification activities at engine and vehicle test, mounting test at Production etc..
- Contribution to simultaneous engineering teams with the engine factory and other parties is part of the job.
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. The department Global Engine Engineering is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; engine externals 1, engine externals 2, engine FAE (fuel, air and egr) and EAS (engine aftertreatment system) . For the externals 1 we have an open position in the running business team for a problem solver.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Technical Bachelor or Master degree
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Capable of fast in depth expertise for engine knowledge built-up
- Able to design the product together with DAF engineering and the supplier
- Used to handle complex problem design projects and the resulting stress.
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and presentation wise
- CREO & Windchill CAD skills knowledge
- Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
- Clear and structured way of working
- Experience with working in development projects
- Automotive [Engine HW] or knowledge is very beneficial
English is a must, Dutch is a pre.