Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Is your interest triggered by delivering new electronic solutions for high-tech machines? Do you have excellent communication skills and are you structured, but also pro-active and pragmatic? You’d better contact us today!
As an Electrical (Connectivity) Design Engineer, you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various electrical concepts and products for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore, you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the architect. The concepts and products we mainly focus on are cables, racks, cabinets, passive interconnections PCBA and visualizing this into schematics. With your skillset and a structured way of design, you contribute to new machine developments with the aim of zero defects and no surprises when enabled at the ASML EUV/DUV products. You will work in close cooperation with other designers, integrators, architects, but also gain a broad network within the company.
The Electrical Connectivity Design Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Get clear design requirements by interfacing/aligning with electrical architects, other CDE designers from other projects
- Define, document and maintain designs of the electrical modules and electrical infrastructure to guarantee the design quality (safety, EMC) and compliance to international standards
- Create and maintain electrical technical drawings/schematics of electrical modules and infrastructure (Functional overview, High level block diagram, Detailed wiring diagrams, cable overview, bundle overview)
- Able to support, and if applicable drive, the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers. · Provide technical inputs to manufacturers of electrical modules and infrastructure by getting involved with supplier quality engineers and suppliers/manufacturers
- Track and maintain the progress and issues of proto build of electrical modules and infrastructure by getting involved with supplier quality engineers and suppliers/manufacturers
- Assure good quality by early involvement with electrical modules built and onsite qualification at suppliers/manufacturers during proto build
- Assure good quality by qualifying of first article electrical modules and infrastructure at module level before handing over to integration
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
- Guarantee design quality and compliance by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools.
- Further improve design quality by engaging and asking feedbacks from stakeholders on designed products
- Provide and consolidate detailed electrical information so that customers can prepare their fab facility to install the designed electrical cabinets
- Assist electrical architect by providing detailed electrical safety information concerning the design to acquire third party safety certificate
- Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap concerning the electronics within the ASML products.
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers and act as an expert (4th line support);
- Act as a technical coach for other designers and team members.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to the client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, paid overtime, travel allowance)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Program with a personal coach
- Dutch lessons for non-Dutch speakers
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the design of Electrical & electronic modules.
- Experience in the design of cables, racks, cabinets, PCBA (mainly passive/interconnections PCBA).
- Experience with electromechanical designs is a plus
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Familiar with SAFe - Agile wow is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative, pro-active and flexible
- Structured with eye for details and quality
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving
- Highly motivated team player with good social- and communication skills
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness
- Creative and pragmatic attitude
- Fluent English in word and in writing