Secondment via YER, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
For our office in the surroundings of Utrecht, The Netherlands we are looking for an Application/Project Engineer. As an Application/Project Engineer you will work for our Advanced Software/Applications group in the surroundings of Utrecht.
Our team of around 40 motivated engineers develops a software solution targeted at optimization of processing and workflow for petrochemical terminals and refineries. It requires cooperation with other foreign offices to execute projects. We also execute projects where our solutions are applied on a global scale, besides developing the software.
You are responsible for:
- Participating in the design and implementation of our software solution
- Writing project and/or technical documentation
- Manage the implementation of an assigned project or task
- Performing internal and external (customer)tests
- Installation and start-up of projects at site.
You will support:
- The Product Development of software packages of the Offsites solution suite
- The implementation of Advanced Application Projects, typically for the Oil & Gas industry
The company is a leading global consulting, software and technology enterprise that creates and applies advanced technologies to enable the efficient and safe operation of commercial and industrial operations such as fossil fuel and nuclear power plants and oil refineries, petrochemical works and other manufacturing sites.
The company offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
In this job you should be a teamplayer, be result oriented, have a pragmatic work attitude and be flexible. Your background should provide you with sound technical and application knowledge.
Specific requirements that are considered necessary for this function are:
- Bachelor or master degree in engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years in an application engineering environment
- Knowledge of Gensym G2 language is a pre
- Basic knowledge of DCS and/or industrial automation systems
- Programming skills in a language like Java (preferred), C#, VB etc, or at least an affinity with software and
- Software development (this function is not a developer)
- Good IT knowledge, experience with database systems
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch both spoken and written. Other foreign language(s) highly appreciated
- Be willing to travel up to 15% of the time.