Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their clients microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
DevOps Engineer MIRAI team
The IT competence center for Product Lifecycle Management is responsible for delivering solutions that push the limits of technology to unlock the business value of digital design and product lifecycle management (PLM). They deliver cutting-edge solutions to solve some of ASML’s toughest challenges. Together with their partners, and based on global best practices, they deliver the digital foundation of product innovation. Are you up for a challenge in the domain of IT solutions development and have experience/interest in industrial domains of engineering, manufacturing or customer service? Then we might have a great challenge for you!
To strengthen one of the Agile Release Trains (ART), we are looking for a DevOps Engineer for their innovative custom IT solutions platform. Your mission is to support high quality software in a fast and flexible way, together with an agile team of highly motivated professionals.
Context of the position
At ASML they invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high-tech lithography machines for chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Their headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brain port’, Europe’s top tech hub.
One of the competence centers in the IT department is Competence Center Product Lifecycle Management. This competence center is responsible for delivering best practice IT solutions for ASML’s configuration management and product lifecycle management processes. Besides deploying standard industry IT solutions, when needed their Competence center delivers custom developed solutions, using a standardized developed platform and methods based on SPRING BOOT / JAVA and ANGULAR.
Role and responsibilities
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Troubleshooting runtime environment
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- CI-CD Tooling experience: GitLab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Terraform, Ansible, Conjur
- Build Tooling experience: Maven, Gradle, Make
- Package management Experience: NPM, Conan, NuGet, Composer, RPM
- Containerized environment experience: Kubernetes, Docker, Helm
- Cloud environment experience: Azure and GCP
- Strong Linux server management experience: RHEL & Debian distributions
- Software installation & updates
- Bash scripting experience
- *Configuration and management of databases
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Software development experience is a nice addition
Education and experience
A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or software engineering.