Secondment via YER, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
In this role, you work for the Product Lifecycle Management department as part of a cross-departmental R&D team. This means you’ll be balancing a broad range of stakeholders both from within your cross-functional project team and from the Sourcing & Supply chain management departments. You’ll be operationally supporting technology-driven development projects by finding creative supply chain solutions that not only meet your stakeholders needs but also help bring the supply chain management department to the next level.
If you have a creative problem solving mindset and you like to be challenged in a supply chain environment, this role is perfect for you!
The product life cycle management department stands out with having tight collaboration with other departments and teams across the company, and for securing material availability. Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Creating a project plan and maintaining it. o Incorporating logistics requirements into designs
- Ordering materials in order to ensure material availability
- Conducting logistics risk analyses
- Support the project on operational logistical tasks
- Proactively managing material availability by making sure the bill of material (raw materials list) and technical product drawings required for a particular part are available on schedule. o Creating transparent parts supply and demand schedules
- Creating decision sheets for late materials
- Determining the consequences that proposed plan changes have on the supply chain
- Creating, aligning, and monitoring implementation plans for engineering changes, while safeguarding the impact on material timing, cost and quality.
- Contributing to the further development of the product life cycle management department
What can you expect
A total of >200 people currently work in the Product Lifecycle Management department, divided over 4 business lines. You’ll be part of a team of 8–12 project coordinators, headed by a team lead.
People are our single most valuable asset so we will work with you to help develop both your hard and soft skills through dedicated on the job trainings. Team leads keep an eye on your progress through a transparent training matrix dashboard.
For this role flexible hours and an element of working from home is possible depending on the business needs.
- Being the spider in the web between R&D teams and supply chain management means you’ll spend a significant amount of time in meetings with various stakeholders. You can expect to be a part of the following types of meetings:
- Development and engineering (R&D) project meetings;
- Calls with suppliers to align on materials availability and planning;
- ‘Escalation’ meetings as part of a ‘tiger team’ managing urgent materials issues;
- Alignment meetings with system integration teams and production planning teams to discuss challenges in building prototypes and pilots;
- Alignment meetings to manage engineering changes related to introducing new materials in our supply chain, factories and customer locations.
- Inner circle: team leaders and project managers from both product life cycle management and supply chain management.
- Middle circle: R&D project managers, supplier quality engineers, manufacturing engineers, customer support engineers and supply coordinators.
- Outer circle: configuration change specialists, sourcing leads, purchasers, logistics supply managers and field modification planners.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
What do we expect
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with colleagues. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:’
- Result oriented skills:
- Proactive problem solving
- Ensuring accountability
- Strong planning and alignment skills
- Social and communication
- Stakeholder management
- Persuasion skills
- Collaboration; team player orientation
- Able manage ambiguity
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain/Logistics or equivalent experience.
At least 2 years of experience with material planning/demand/supply planning.
Our department offers a broad range of projects matching different levels of experience and educational background