Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Senior Engineer specialized within the OBD domain with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
As Senior Engineer OBD you are responsible for the On Board Diagnostics (OBD) domain within the Software Architecture group, part of DAF Embedded Engineering. The OBD function area comprises functions which diagnose the application software on different control systems on the truck covered by Legislation and standards. Supporting functionalities like OBD diagnostics, MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) and Fault Code Requirements, Readiness, In Use Monitor Performance Ratio (IUMPR) and CALID/CVN are part of the work package as well. Generic knowledge on diagnostic messages over CAN and on combustion engine and aftertreatment functional domain help in fulfilling the role.
- Secure all the knowledge and having the technical lead within the OBD domain and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area;
- Create SW architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the function lead engineer. You will support the product owner in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation;
- Discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the functional requirement/design documents;
- Support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation;
- As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain, in agreement with the functional lead engineer.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. In our state-of-art engine and vehicle development center we develop engine and vehicle families that will meet future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
The Architecture department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the E/E, Control System and SW Architecture of PACCAR engines and DAF Vehicles and specific Electronic Control Units under its responsibility. The department is divided in two groups: E/E Architecture and Software Architecture. As Senior Engineer OBD you will be working in the Software Architecture group.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
As Senior Engineer OBD you are part of an agile software development team, that will also develop application software functions according input requirements. In your role you’re responsible to add the functional knowledge to the team. In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Software Architecture group.
- Education on Master level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the OBD domain, including experience with OBD related Heavy Duty OBD scan tool and IUMPR Data Collection tool
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes and experience with real time embedded systems;
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation and to explain complex technical information clearly;
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing, and the ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
- Fluent in the English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn the Dutch language.
The following requirements are nice-to-have
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques, preferably in Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow;
- Experience with agile/scrum;
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming;
- Knowledge of Knowledge of standard SAE J1939 - Serial Control and Communication Heavy-Duty Vehicle Network (especially SAE J1939-73 and SAE J1939-84).
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE.