Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. They provide microchip makers with everything they need – hardware, software and services – to mass produce patterns on silicon through lithography.
The products of ASML’s Applications Business Line products are critical elements in high end semiconductor manufacturing processes. They build on the capabilities of our world renowned scanners, using them as an actuator to correct distortions caused by other process steps.
We create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world. You will have an essential role in the development of these software solutions that are instrumental to our lithographic machines. Ensuring reliable operation while maintaining nanometer accuracy and making sure that the system interfaces are consistent and in accordance with the industries high standards.
Within software development, the OASIS team is responsible for providing a state-of-the-art development environment. Consisting of both IT engineers and development engineers, the team combines the knowledge of our internal IT infrastructure, development tools and modern development practices. The team has a high impact on the effectiveness and productivity of the 25 scrum teams. Its goal is to continuously optimize the software development, releasing and deployment cycle. Activities range widely; development tooling configuration, setting up/enhancing Continuous Integration pipelines, maintenance, support and application life cycle management.
As a senior member of the team, you ensure that the developers have a stable and state-of-the art development environment that supports Continuous Integration. As a senior member of the team you participate in discussion with stakeholders to understand their issues and identify possible solution which you’ll bring back to the team (in agreement with the PO / SM) for further development.
Role and responsibilities
Within software development, the team is responsible for providing a state-of-the-art development environment. The team has a high impact on the effectiveness and productivity of the 25 scrum teams. Its goal is to continuously optimize the software development, releasing and deployment cycle. Activities range widely; development tooling configuration, setting up/enhancing Continuous Integration pipelines, maintenance, support, application life cycle management and process monitoring dashboards for driving Continuous improvement.
Our development environment consists of, amongst others,
- Java, Python
- Gradle, Maven
- Linux (RedHat)
- Azure Devops, Bamboo, Gitlab, Github, Jenkins
- Artifactory, Nexus
- Docker (-compose), Ansible
- Atlassian tool suite; BitBucket, Jira, Confluence
- Cloud focus
- Grafana, Spotfire
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Preference for degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering.
You have experience in leading DevOps activities, preferably in a large development organization
- You have collaborated/enabled Java development teams, and have extensive experience with Python.
- You have experience in process monitoring principles, tools and dashboards.
- You have experience in development process analysis and optimization
- You have worked in an Agile/scrum team
- You have worked in a CI/CD driven organization
- You have at least 5 years of relevant working experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy, including documentation.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Ability to switch quickly between levels of abstractions (detailed view vs. system level view)
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability, “can do” attitude
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Always acting to make the team succeed
- Working from within the team to help bring the team to the next level of performance.
- Outgoing, actively building useful relationships in the scope of the project