Contract with Client
Consumer Goods, Food, Feed, Pharma, Logistics & Transportation
Over deze vacature
Do you have an international mindset and are you a seasoned professional in Operations Management? In that case this challenging position in a dynamic, fast growing and successful environment could be an interesting next step in your career.
As Manager Operations you are responsible for the efficient and effective management of all operational activities within the "state of the art" fulfilment operation based in ‘s-Hertogenbosch. Your team works closely with the Sales and Account teams to make sure the customer needs are met. You will ensure that the focus remains on delivering operational excellence and customer satisfaction. You are results-driven, highly motivated and have a proven track record in Operations Management within the logistics sector or in international supply chain management environment.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan and control operations, administrative programs, projects and/or services as agreed with customers in the standard operating procedures
- Establish short- and long-term organizational objectives
- Create and maintain operating procedures in line with the agreed customer and internal KPI’s
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders as well as with suppliers, customers, and logistics companies
- Create and monitor operational cost as part of the integrated fulfilment budget
- Make sure all reporting is delivered correctly to the customers within the agreed guidelines and timelines
- Leading the team ( 5 direct reports with approx. 30 indirect reports) to ensure the ability to work with and drive high performance team dynamics
- Undertake employee performance management and coaching activities with direct reports
- Day to day management of the operations department which includes the following teams: Operational Buying, Assortment & Demand, Warehouse, Business IT and Customs & Transport
- Manage employee expectations and give regular one to one feedback and mentoring
- Recruitment of staff & manpower planning activity in conjunction with HR
Miles Promocean is a reputed international company, specialized in product development, sourcing and supply chain management. They orchestrate the global supply chain for the POS materials for their customers, from vendor production till customer delivery. They manage collections which are sold via their e-commerce platforms from stock as well as on demand. Their (often well known) customers are being served in a B2B service and sometimes as B2C in more than 170 countries worldwide.
With main offices in The Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, United States, Italy, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Shenzhen, LF Fulfilment/Miles Promocean is capable to create and supply products & services that support their clients' business and enhance their brand performance.
Miles Promocean is a dynamic company offering a lot of challenges and potential for motivated employees. The culture can be described as open, informal and result oriented.
Challenging position for a proactive sparring partner with seasoned experience as Manager Operations in an international logistics and/or supply chain management environment.
Salary: 80K - 100K + good fringe benefits
To be successful in this role you ideally have a specialization in Logistics or Supply Chain. Your excellent management & communication skills and proven track record will ensure you are well equipped to manage customer expectations.
- Bachelor/Master diploma, capacities and professional work level
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Pragmatic, result oriented and you feel comfortable in a dynamic work environment
- Capable of being a sparring partner for your main stakeholders
- Data driven and analytical
- Experience with ERP and WMC systems
- Good communication and social skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written
- Good organizational qualities and accuracy