Secondment via YER, Contract with Client
Energy, Gas, Water
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Business Controller who will support our company in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Business Controller will be the financial business partner to the business assisting them in achieving the organizational goals and identifying risks and opportunities. This is a unique opportunity to work with a highly motivated team to capture the growth opportunities in the renewable hydrogen market!
What needs to be done?
- Create support base by identifying needs other departments and aligning these with needs Finance & Control department and organizational goals;
- Implement integrated processes together with other departments and finance organizations to be able to generate historic and forward looking financial information in an efficient, reliable, valid, complete and relevant way;
- Improve forecasting accuracy, understand business drivers of HCR and connect them to KPI’s (leading indicators);
- Support best team in Finance;
- Ensuring reliability, validity, completeness, relevance and usefulness of the financial information;
- Look for opportunities within own department to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness within processing transactions and generating financial information and implement actions accordingly;
- Implement robust processes within the department to reduce waste, increase effectiveness and make us ready for a transfer to another ERP system.
We enable our customers’ vital processes, which advance a more sustainable world. This is the Howden vision that drives us! Liaise with our colleagues in 34 countries. We offer global and local opportunities, 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments.
You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions. At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose. You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet. Our products and organization are Revolving Around You. Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act, improve processes and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Potential future positions could be within other Howden locations, a horizontal or vertical move within HCR. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and which is supplemented by an extensive package of fringe benefits.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance & Control;
- 2-5 years’ experience in working in a similar position in a dynamic and international environment;
- Experience with ISAH/Dynamics 365 and SAP BPC is an advantage;
- Experience in project controlling is an advantage;
- Experience in the continuous improvement of processes;
- Highly skilled in the use of Excel;
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and in writing;
- Your personality is pro-active, solution oriented, able to deal in a professional way with resistance and able to build bridges and to have a healthy debate. You are transparent and you think in terms of processes. You have a no-nonsense mentality and you are a decision maker. We search for a team player who is constructive critical, assertive, well organized, who has excellent communication skills, questions the status quo but also provides alternatives, who is doing things first time right and who is able to zoom in and zoom out, from operational to strategic and back;
- Willingness to travel up to 5% maximum.