Research & Development
Secondment via YER, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
Are you passionate about designing mechatronics modules or submodules? Making optimal choices between disciplines for a good performance at acceptable costs? Get in touch with us!
What you will be doing as Mechatronics Designer
In the product development projects within the R&D department, you are responsible and focusing on mechatronic topics like accurate positioning, paper handling, fast and accurate motion control.
Together with architects you specify and agree on requirements based on customers’ demands. It is your task to come up with technical designs and concepts that meet these objectives, properly balancing time, quality, performance, accuracy, interdisciplinary interactions and taking cost into account.
Within the project you collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines than mechanics and electronics, like embedded software and also chemistry and physics, who are mainly responsible for the print process also involving ink and print head development. You review your ideas and jointly develop smart creative solutions that meet the overall project objectives. You test and review your model based design(s) by building prototypes to proof the feasibility of the routes you have identified. In this role there are plenty of opportunities to further develop yourself, e.g. to module responsible, or system architect.
- Model Based Design of a mechatronics module
- Realizing micrometres performance needed for obtaining a beautiful print on paper, vinyl or textile
- Shape the mechanical, electrical and control design and implementation so as to get a robust and accurate system
- Control on costs by applying smart mechatronics concepts
- Make sure your designs are correctly implemented
- Communicate and present effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
The organization innovates and creates exceptional technologies, products and services for their main markets in printing and workflow management.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to join as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with extensive application and career guidance. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary according to the standards of our clients
- 25 holidays per year and the option to buy more holidays
- A temporary or permanent contract with YER
- The possibility to join (y)our client directly after one year
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme according to STIPP
- Every hour of overtime will be compensated
- Open and transparent communication with your personal consultant
- Free Dutch classes
- Personal career coaching from our occupational psychologists
- Broad technical and soft skills training opportunities
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
You meet the following criteria
- You completed a Master degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, systems & control or similar (bachelor in mechanics or electronics as pre-education)
- You have an eye for detail and excellent problem solving skills;
- You are skilled in Matlab and Simulink;
- You are an expert in control design and dynamics;
- You are a team player, hands on, practical, analytic and goal oriented;
- You like to work in cross-functional teams (physics / heat & flow);
- Experience with dynamics modelling is a plus;
- You are fluent in English, verbal and written.