Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Technical team player who takes the lead in aligning our engine, after treatment, and on-board diagnostic calibration requirements.
As the lead in Engine and After Treatment Integration, you are responsible for taking high level product requirements as input and aligning with all different calibration groups to arrive at specific calibration requirements for our engine and after treatment families. In this role, you apply your domain knowledge of engine and after treatment systems, both hardware and performance, with the communication skills to pull people together, and with drive to improve the performance of our engine and after treatment integrated performance.
Your responsibilities and goals:
- Take ownership of the integration process, with its requirements, strategies, calibration trade-offs and boundaries;
- Clarify product and function requirements and their meaning for engine and after treatment integration and calibration;
- Prioritize discussion topics and steps necessary to come to clear calibration targets and constraints, as well as strategies to realize optimal performance;
- Get people together and lead discussions between the groups to agree on available information and follow-up;
- Initiate integrated simulations, data analysis, as well as measurements, for proof-of-concept and trade-offs;
- Conclude on the agreed targets and chase commitment from all teams on way forward;
- With the calibration and test groups, define test cases for verification of the agreed targets and constraints and review their results and necessary follow-up;
- Provide boundary conditions for hardware selection of e.g. the after treatment systems, or vehicle integration.
- Analyze, summarize, review and report out to Line Management and the teams;
Daily activities are in close cooperation with all Engine Integration and Validation groups, be it line managers, coordinators and specialists. In this role, you report to the Engineering Supervisor System Performance.
Within PACCAR Inc., DAF Trucks Global Engine Development is the center of competence for engine and aftertreatment development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers. The Engine Integration & Validation department is responsible for definition, integration, verification, and validation of engine and after treatment families towards performance requirements. The department is split into 8 groups and the System Performance group holds a vacancy for a Function Owner Engine and After Treatment Integration.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Substantial knowledge of engine, aftertreatment, on-board diagnostics;
- Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable.
- Be very communicative, verbally, in writing, and while presenting;
- Understand the technology ánd politics behind trade-offs and their consequences;
- Tenacious and convincing, with initiative to (have) identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine and after treatment;
- Cooperation, for bringing groups with different insights together;
- Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources;
- Stress tolerance, for feeling at ease in an environment which can change rapidly.