Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
We are Applications – a business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create application products that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
The Applications Development & Engineering department develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules and application packages in the area of wafer metrology (critical dimension, overlay, etc.) and wafer fab applications (performance control applications). Additionally, we provide technical consulting to our customers, by designing and helping to implement integral solutions for on-product performance based on the products developed by ASML.
As member of a strong multidisciplinary team you enjoy developing application products used in daily customer practice. These products relate to metrology solutions to be used in R&D and in high-volume manufacturing conditions.
The job includes the assessment and development of new technology and product directions in order to find solutions to application customer needs.
You deal with various challenging topics, covering a wide variety of competences such as semiconductor processing, electronic device architecture, scatterometry, mathematical algorithms including machine learning, and, ASML application products.
You will work in close collaboration with the customer, our development partners, and internal stakeholders.
You are expected to represent ASML as an expert in the field and to get recognition of this by customers. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to give input to product managers and system engineers for ASML product improvements.
The job consists of following activities:
- Design, develop, and evaluate In Device Metrology products in close collaboration with the customer.
- Perform data analysis with models and algorithms on customer data.
- Create functional design proposals for improving the metrology performance.
- Participate actively in identifying future product features
- Traveling a few times per year to customers worldwide.
Your initial responsibilities will be adapted to your experience level. In case of little experience, adequate training will be provided for enabling your development to a higher engineer level.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to join as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with extensive application and career guidance. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary according to the standards of our clients
- 25 holidays per year and the option to buy more holidays
- Good pension scheme according to STIPP
- Every hour of overtime will be compensated
- Open and transparent communication with your personal consultant
- Dutch classes
- Personal career coaching from our occupational psychologists
- Broad technical and softs skills training opportunities
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
Education and experience
Master degree or PhD in Physics, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering, with a solid background in some of the following fields: semiconductor process technology, signal processing, knowledge of the customer fab environment, statistics, data analysis, design for experiment, semi-conductor device physics, scatterometry, machine learning and optimization.
Experience with industrial research & development semiconductor processes is a pre. Proficiency in Matlab, Python or a similar language is essential.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Strong customer-orientation with a drive for results
- Excellent and pro-active communicational skills
- Able to work in dynamic environment
- Creative, self-initiative and team spirit
- Stress resistant
- Team-player with interpersonal and coaching skills