Do you enjoy designing, building and testing mechanical systems? Do you want to expand your professional skill set into other disciplines? And do you enjoy interacting with many different people, enthusing them with ideas and motivating them to contribute
Detachering via YER, Detavast
Over deze vacature
ASML provides chipmakers with everything they need - hardware, software and services - to mass produce patterns on silicon, helping to increase the value and lower the cost of a chip. Our key technology is the lithography system, which brings together high-tech hardware and advanced software to control the chip manufacturing process down to the nanometer.
Our Development and Engineering department defines, develops and realizes the industry-leading lithography systems ASML is famous for. Responding to customer needs, multi-disciplinary teams take ground-breaking ideas from customer goal through technical concept to working prototype.
Role and responsibilities
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you are responsible for the development and application of mechanical designs to meet system specifications and operational requirements.
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment
- Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Education and experience
- Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field of study
- In case of Bachelor you have at least five years of experience and understanding of (high-) precision mechanics and mechanical design principles
- You have experience working in a demanding, complex technical multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in 3D CAD is required, NX experience is preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills
- You have a strong drive to bring innovative ideas to the table, challenge ideas, discuss ideas and improve ideas
- You thrive in an international multicultural setting
- You are business fluent in English
- You have a leadership skill