Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
The Greenhouse project is driving the replacement of the ClearCase based development environment and processes by a state-of-the art software development environment. This software development environment services a large community with over 2500 active developers, ranging from embedded software engineers to functional development. The software being developed in this environment is deployed to the ASML machines at the customer.
The job will be in the Github Enterprise team. It’s a new product introduced within ASML and we are in the process of consolidating applications to that platform. Therefore a lot of migration work will be done from e.g: Bitbucket -> Github; Jenkins -> Github Actions.
Setting up the GitHub Enterprise environment and migrating the software development community to the new development environment is an essential part of the project and your role. You will be working in the SCM-CI/CD team as a GitHub Enterprise specialist, being closely aligned with the ASML Software Development community. The teams are typically sized 6-10 with highly skilled and educated people. The team applies an agile DevOps way of working. Your job is to prepare and execute the technical work packages and monitor the quality of the results. Your primary focus will be hands-on guidance in the migration and operationalization of the platform. Besides this, you will assist in designing and implementing tooling solutions in accordance with requirements and roadmap.
Designing and building complex software requires state of the art software tools. That’s what we do at IT Product &Technology Software Innovation: using the Scaled Agile Framework way of working to provide a world class development environment with efficient pipelines to our embedded software engineers. Making sure software can be stored, edited, validated, automatically tested, built and deployed across all our software stacks and machines. Extending and transforming the existing IDE into a world class environment by continuously innovating and introducing new tools to like GitHub Actions, Bazel, Docker, Kubernetes and much more. All while making sure that the development environment is well supported. Our goal? That our magic empowers our embedded colleagues to do their magic.
Does this sound exciting to you? Do you find our challenges motivating and do you like to become part of the success story of ASML? Then this is an opportunity for you to apply!
Role and responsibilities
- Deployment and professionalization of the Github Enterprise platform
- Drive the migration
- Setup support structure
- Integrate the GitHub platform in the complete Development Environment
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- 3-4 years relevant experiences
- Strong knowledge on CI/CD and SCM platforms
- Github/Github Actions/Github Marketplace
- Experience with build systems like: Gradle/Maven/Bazel Build/CMAKE
- Experienced in writing Python
- Understands the C/C++ eco system (Makefiles, Build Targets, etc.)
- Background in Software Engineering (BSc. MSc.)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Profound (technical) communication skills (English)
- Technical savant
- Result oriented: Achieve goals on short and long term
- Going the extra mile
- Quality mindset