Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
The Greenhouse project goal is replacing the ClearCase environment by a state-of-the art software development environment. The project is called Greenhouse because the new environment will evolve step by step on a new foundation. This software development environment services a large community with over 2500 active developers. The software being developed is deployed to the ASML machines at the customer.
Key requirements are enabling DevOps practices using industry standards. The platform will be cloud-ready and based on a hybrid cloud infrastructure foundation. Teams are empowered through self service capabilities and flexibility to add capabilities and tools to the environment. The software development environment is mission critical and must support the highest level of IP protection (top secret). With the large community to be serviced, all processes such as onboarding a new developer or providing new or other development stacks to teams must be fully automated and self-serviceable.
The Greenhouse project itself adopted a DevOps way of working. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team with IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles. This team delivers the solution in incremental steps with a strong connection to the tools and techniques provided to the end-users.
You will be working in one of the greenhouse engineering teams as a tech lead. These teams are typically sized 4-7 highly skilled and educated people. Your job is to prepare and execute the technical work packages and monitor the quality of the results. Your primary focus will be guiding the team members in applying DevSecOps principles and technology and designing and implementing solutions in accordance with requirements and roadmap. Leading by example is key.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- DevOps, Software development lifecycle, Secure development
- Embedded software development using C/C++ and RHEL is a plus
- At least 5 years’ experience with Linux and similar open source technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of one or more scripting languages as Python, Ruby, Bash.
- Basic knowledge of object oriented software languages as Java and C#.
- Experience with git or git based source control systems (Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab).
- Experience with CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, Artifactory, AWS Codebuild.
- Experience with Gradle (Groovy, Java)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent tooling.
- Experience with container technology, e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Scrum / Kanban / SAFe methodologies, including the appropriate tooling (e.g. Jira).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with make based build systems(Gmake)
- Bonus: Experience with DevOps technology from Cloud providers as Azure, Google, AWS.
- Bonus: Knowledge of classical network technologies as IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Bonus : ClearCase experience. Bonus:
- Experience with ASML software development
- Background in Software Engineering or IT
- Team player
- Technical savant
- Result oriented: Achieve goals on short and long term
- Going the extra mile
- Quality mindset