Research & Development
Secondment via YER, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
Is solving complex engineering problems in a multi-disciplinary team-effort your passion? Does working in a multi-cultural and international environment makes you spin? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? If all this sounds like music to your ears, these Metrology Designer positions might be the right opportunity for you.
Metrology orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It is the brain of ASML lithography systems. To ensure ever shrinking of the integrated circuits printed by ASML machines, we need people who can help us build next-generation metrology products.
This is why we are looking for Metrology engineers who are experts in requirements engineering and challenged by translating functional requirements into lean functional designs. We need highly motivated new colleagues who combine strong analytical reasoning and conceptual understanding with excellent communication skills.
Your main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Take the lead in the definition of system level specification of different functions, like functionality, algorithms, performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot on issues within our factory or at customer sites.
- Investigating failure modes of the system and figuring out the containment that will buy time to find the root cause of a problem.
- Performing feasibility studies into required improvements, by means of experiments, simulation and analysis of existing (customer) data.
- Enabling the realization of new functionality by interacting with specialist software designers in the project team.
- Integrating and testing the function against the specification.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to join as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with extensive application and career guidance. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary according to the standards of our clients
- 25 holidays per year and the option to buy more holidays
- A temporary or permanent contract with YER
- The possibility to join (y)our client directly after one year
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme according to STIPP
- Every hour of overtime will be compensated
- Open and transparent communication with your personal consultant
- Free Dutch classes
- Personal career coaching from our occupational psychologists
- Broad technical and softs skills training opportunities
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
Education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience:
- Experience with functional specification and integration.
- Experience with data analysis and modeling (preferably with MATLAB or Python).
- Experience designing algorithms and functional models. Able to break down a large problem into manageable components.
- Knowledge about the software development process.
- Experience with the Agile way of working.
- Experience with model-driven engineering or modeling.
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Physics, Applied Mathematics or other Engineering (such as Electrical or Mechanical).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team worker and excellent communicator
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture.
- Decisive and self-initiating
- Result focused and a “can do” spirit
- Ability to influence without power.