Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
In this position, you are responsible for the concepting, specification and functional integration of system or subsystem architectures. You are the technical lead for new developments in Raith’s e-beam lithography tools. In the R&D team we already have the following competences available: Electronics, Physics, Data analysis, Precision mechanics, Mechatronics, Python, and algorithm & SW development. Project teams vary in sizes from one FTE to 5 FTE, in some cases with a external co-developer. The System Engineer reports to the Manager R&D.
You are involved with all aspects of the system: electron optics, high precision mechanics, electronics, mechatronics, ultra-high vacuum.
- The work consists of a translation of the system requirements into an architecture that meets the requirements; writing the technical specifications
- Creation of the “technical budgets” for the individual components in the system, and if necessary, negotiating about the budget breakdown.
- Hands-on integrating the system, verifying all the specified functionality and running a design verification test to prove that the architecture or subsystem is working as intended during the specification phase.
- Planning and coordination of design projects, maintaining good alignment with the stakeholders.
Raith is a medium sized, fast-growing high-tech company. We are the other lithography company in the Eindhoven region. We are now looking for a System Engineer/Architect.
Completed Masters degree in the field of physics, mechatronics or electrical engineering. Broad Physics knowledge is a strong recommendation.
- Your way of working: systematic approach, ability to map complex system structures in a comprehensible way.
- Specific desired character traits: Analytical and creative; fast thinker but also patient teacher; Helicopter view and also the ability to zoom in on relevant details; fascinated by technology from blueprint stage to final integration of the product. Tech-curious, with the will to drive projects.
- Experience and know-how: long-term professional experience in the product development environment (min. 7 years). Application know-how in the fields of applied physics, mechatronics, electronics and software.
- Languages: very good knowledge of English, and preferably Dutch and German.
- Familiarity with Matlab and/or Python for modeling purposes.