Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Technical Teamplayer with strong communication skills, who is able to develop components for future engine and after-treatment platforms.
In your position as Hardware Mechanical Expert your responsibilities are;
- Coordinate development of new and/or improvement of existing designs in cooperation with internal stakeholders from different departments and external suppliers
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in close cooperation with suppliers
- Leading all required Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) deliverables within the project
- Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start-up follow-up activities if needed
- Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle
- Proactively coordinate and monitor validation and releases in line with project milestones
- Ensure the components meet their requirements with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability
- Analyze results and make detailed technical proposals incl. presenting to management
Within PACCAR Inc., the DAF Trucks Engine Development department is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for future regulations, for DAF, Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks. Our engines and trucks are best-in-class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the highest reliability and best cost-effectiveness for our customers.
The department Engine Externals and EAS Hardware within Engineering is responsible for the hardware development of new engines and aftertreatment systems, and maintaining the in-production products. The department is divided into 4 groups; Engine Externals 1 & 2, Fuel, Air & EGR and Aftertreatment Hardware. In the Fuel, Air and EGR group currently there is a vacancy for a Hardware Mechanical Expert for Exhaust- and/or EGR-system components.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8.33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Master’s or Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- Min 3 years of mechanical/hardware experience in a product development environment.
- Automotive knowledge is a pre
- Experience with problem solving techniques
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Clear communication, both verbal and presentation wise
- Pro-active attitude and able to operate independently
- Clear and structured way of working