Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer for their team in Delft. This firm builds medical device software. Their software is used by orthopedic surgeons around the world to get a better understanding of patient cases and improve the planning of their operations. Their systems run in the cloud and need 100% uptime. Working in a young team of inquisitive developers with experts in several fields. Their dev-team consists of scientific researchers/developers, a security guru, a UX Designer, Computer Graphics Specialists, Pythonistas, Deep Learning aficionados, HTML/CSS/JS connoisseurs, and WebGL virtuosos.
What are you going to do?
As our software stack grows, so will our team. We have some very exciting projects coming up, and we need more brain power to keep delivering the quality that people have come to expect from our team. Some things you will learn about and do when working with us:
- Develop software with bleeding-edge technology
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of skilled, zealous engineers
- Software Development Lifecycles in strictly regulated environments (Which is a lot more fun than it sounds!). You will learn how to stay creative and productive, whilst being compliant
- Ask questions
- Make mistakes. We all do, that is how we learn. Making mistakes is part of the job, it is what makes us grow
A typical working day
- ≤ 09:30 You start up at your own pace. You read up on new messages, check hacker news, and plan for the day
- 09:45 Daily Standup. Everyone in the dev team shares what they have been working on, what their plan is for today, and what/who is needed to successfully do so
- 10:00 An in-depth discussion with one or two colleagues on architectural challenges for a new project.
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12:30 Round of table tennis
- 13:00 Focused development time
- 16:20 Short but fierce discussion on why that new movie is awesome/is the worst thing since unsliced bread
- 16:30 Call with the team in Montreal, Canada on the integration of two of our systems
- 17:00 Drinks with the team (ok, maybe not every day, but for sure on Fridays!)
This organization is a leading medical device manufacturer. Together with healthcare professionals, they help millions of people to live better lives. Our client is founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, USA, this company is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. They design, manufacture, and market orthopedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities, and trauma products; spine, bone healing, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; dental implants; and related surgical products. They collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Their products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints, or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, they help millions of people live better lives.
What our client offers:
- An open and informal team of young, yet experienced colleagues
- A strong focus on quality and craftsmanship
- Growth. We challenge you to venture out of your comfort zone so you can learn new things and develop both your hard and soft skills
- Extensive guidance. We love to learn from each other. We do this on a day-to-day basis. We also organize knowledge hours occasionally, where one of us presents something interesting, like a new framework, a method for stress-free work, or a deep dive into neural networks
- The right tools to get the job done, be it hardware or software.
- Time for your family. We do not like working overtime. If we all do our jobs well, it is simply not needed. Therefore, we rarely get ourselves in situations where we must crunch in late hours or on weekends.
- Jam sessions, we are a musical bunch (do not worry if you don’t play an instrument, we need awkward singers and headbangers as well)
- Fussball, table tennis, and old skool board and computer games
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Who are we looking for?
You are a passionate software engineer, proud of the projects you have worked on, not just professionally, but in your hobby projects as well. You do not like working assembly-line style; you want to produce simple solutions to complex problems every day. You are an eager learner, not afraid to ask questions or to take on a challenge. You are a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing. You know how to convey issues and solutions. You work well in a team, in pair- or mob- programming sessions, but you can also stay focused when working alone.
What we expect from you
We are looking for developers that can work backend and/or frontend. Some things you will learn about and do when working at Clinical Graphics are listed below. We do prefer everyone in the team to learn things from both sides so that we can support each other when needed.
- A bachelor's degree (e.g., with a major in Engineering) or an equivalent level of working and thinking
- Approximately 1 to 5 years of professional experience in a relevant positio
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. Dutch is preferred, but not required
- You’re skilled at recording and documenting your work in English; this is a key proficiency in the medical software industry
- You have an intrinsic curiosity about technological innovations, and you are always on top of the latest trends
- You have (extensive) experience with some of the following and are eager to learn about the remainder:
- Web APIs
- Building background workers
- Developing scalable applications
- Frontend frameworks (e.g., Vue, React)
- Building modern and responsive web interfaces
- Desktop native interfaces (e.g., PyQt, wx)
- Behavior-Driven Development
- Excellent communication skills; written and spoken
Nice to have
- Experience with Azure and Azure DevOps
- Experience with Scrum
- Experience with software builds and releases (packaging and Docker)
- Experience in SaMD or medical device development, including knowledge of ISO 13485, IEC 62304, IEC 82304, ISO 14971, etc.
- Working knowledge of linear algebra, statistics, and geometry
- Experience with three.js (or Open/WebGL in general)
- Familiar with 12-factor apps
- Experience with Redis and ASGI
- Experience with Postgres or similar RDBMS