Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
To enhance growth for this super yachtbuilder we are looking for proud, passionate, committed people!
As a Product Engineer for yacht equipment, you support the Engineering department and the Project team during the construction process of the super yacht. Before the start of building the super yacht, a lot of technical input is required in the design, specifications, maker's list, cost price, planning, and risk list. Further:
- You provide this technical contribution for your part and are involved in the project from A to Z. This means that your first input is already processed before signing the contract of the super yacht and that you remain involved during the entire engineering phase of the project.
- Implementing the results of project evaluations, process evaluations and supplier evaluations in the design, specifications, cost price and planning of new projects is part of this.
- You are involved in drawing up and recording the engineering and production yard norms and standards.
- Proactively looking for cost savings with equal product quality with new technical developments and/or new suppliers.
- Independently executing project transcending subprojects to support the Engineering Manager and other fellow engineers
- Independent preparation of technical specifications for purchasing.
- The employees of Product Management supervise multidisciplinary technical processes, such as hybrid installations, custom swimming pools, complex glass processes, overarching supervision of classification and regulations.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Implementing the results of the project, process and supplier evaluations in the design, specification, cost and planning of new projects.
- Provide (Technical) Specifications for requests and orders together with the Lead Engineers.
- Carrying out project transcending projects for technical developments or more efficient construction methods.
- Assisting Project Management and the Proposal Engineer in the contract phase and the preliminary phase of new projects.
- Supervising multidisciplinary construction number related subprojects.
A shipyard specialized in custom build mega yachts.
- Excellent salary.
- 25 vacation days + 13 ADV.
- Great possibilities for growth and development.
- Bachelor in mechanical engineering / Shipbuilding or comparable.
- Preferably industry experience within shipbuilding or yacht building.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations with regard to building seaworthy yachts.
- An excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- You have extensive experience in the field of project, process and supplier evaluation and the assurance thereof.
- Knowledge of the yacht equipment of a superyacht is an advantage.
- You always want to inform your colleagues as well as possible about the technical specifications, their developments or share more efficient ways of working.
- You have great empathy and can therefore easily advise, motivate and anticipate across disciplines.