Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Introduction to the job
The Greenhouse project goal is replacing the ClearCase environment by a state-of-the art software development environment. The project is called Greenhouse because the new environment will evolve step by step on a new foundation. This software development environment services a large community with over 2500 active developers. The software being developed is deployed to the ASML machines at the customer. This means you will be working on enabling the heartbeat of some the most advanced technologies on the planet.
Key requirements are enabling DevSecOps practices using industry standards. The platform will be cloud-ready and based on a hybrid cloud infrastructure foundation. Teams are empowered through self service capabilities and flexibility to add capabilities and tools to the environment. The software development environment is mission critical and must support the highest level of IP protection (top secret). With the large community to be serviced, all processes such as onboarding a new developer or providing new or other development stacks to teams must be fully automated and self-serviceable.
The Greenhouse project itself adopted a DevSecOps way of working. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team with IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles. This team delivers the solution in incremental steps with a strong connection to the tools and techniques provided to the end-users.
DevSecOps Tech Lead (Build)
You will be working in the build team as a tech lead. These teams are typically sized 4-7 highly skilled and educated people. Your job is to prepare and execute the technical work packages and monitor the quality of the results. Your primary focus will be guiding the team members in applying DevSecOps principles and technology and designing and implementing solutions in accordance with requirements and roadmap. Leading by example is key.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
- Background in Software Engineering or IT (MSc./PhD)
- Dev(Sec)Ops principles and capabilities, Software development lifecycle
- Strong background in software development in C/C++, Python
- Modern build systems (Bazel is a plus, Cmake, Gradle)
- Algorithms and compilers
- Caching and build distribution capabilities
- General (modern) software design and development experience (basic algorithm implementation, test driven development)
- Infrastructure as code and cloud principles and tools (Rundeck, Terraform, Ansible)
- Good knowledge of SCM systems and Git (GitHub, ClearCase, SVN)
- Containerization knowledge & experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud and on-prem platforms (Azure, GCP, VMWare, K8S)
- (Automated) software integration & release processes, concepts and tools
- Software development experience within ASML or similar environments (embedded, RHEL) is a plus
- Knowledge of ASML software architecture and tooling is a plus
- Team player
- Technical savant
- Result oriented: Achieve goals on short and long term
- Going the extra mile
- Quality mindset