Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
ASML’s products are critical elements in the semiconductor manufacturing process. ‘System-of-systems’ level testing, also called cross-product testing, is a very important step in the development process of our products and ensures that all ASML products in a customer fabrication plant (customer fab) meet their specifications and reliably work together. The Virtual Fab is an environment in which cross-product verification is performed using product simulations in customer-like environments for customer-specific use cases. As a member of the Virtual Fab group, you are a key participant in the cross-product test process and provide important input to the system release decision making process. It is our team’s mission to ensure that at any moment in time, all ASML products interact reliably in the customer fab ecosystem.
Context of the position
The context of this position is the ‘system of systems’, i.e. a customer fab consisting of a network of multiple ASML (and third party) products, such as TWINSCAN wafer scanners, YieldStar metrology systems and the Litho Computing Platform.
- ASML’s main product is the TWINSCAN wafer scanner, a complex high precision machine used by our customers in the semiconductor industry to create integrated circuits. The external software interfaces of the TWINSCAN system are extensive and are used by our customer’s automation systems. If there are unintended changes in a new software release, the customer’s production flow will halt, with a negative impact on the customer’s logistics and eventually a lower yield of the customer’s factory.
- The ASML YieldStar product is a metrology system, which allows measurement of on-product overlay and focus, as well as critical dimension.
- The ASML Litho Computing Platform is a high-availability high-performance machine for running all ASML off-scanner wafer fab applications.
The cross-product testing takes places in the so-called Virtual Fab, a simulated fab automation environment in which these and other ASML products are verified for cross-product issues in an ecosystem of physical and (partially) simulated ASML products, before releasing to the customer. You work in a growing team, consisting of approximately 15 Engineers. You will be member of the Virtual Fab group in the Cross Products department in the Performance & Integration cluster.
As an Test Architect holistic lithography, you support the development, automation and execution of cross-product tests within the Virtual Fab group. You provide input to the Virtual Fab test engineers for the creation and execution of new relevant test cases that focus on cross-product behavior of the products under tests. You interact with product development teams and customer representing teams to:
- Assess the impact of new or changed (cross-product) features on the Virtual Fab test base and infrastructure.
- Improve our knowledge on customer-specific configurations and customer processes.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model).
- Challenging assignments.
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office.
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach.
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance).
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven.
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture.
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals.
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- You have at least a MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or Electrical Engineering.
- You have a background in the semiconductor industry and/or process engineering.
- You are familiar with holistic lithography covering customer fab processes.
- You have knowledge and/or experience with software testing, i.e. at least know the methodologies and techniques used within software testing. Hands on experience in development of automated software tests and test execution is preferred.
- (Preferred) You have experience with ASML products for holistic lithography, i.e. multiple ASML products/applications and the interaction between them.
- (Preferred) You are ISTQB-certified or you have a similar certification and are willing to get an ISTQB certification.
- (Preferred) You have affection with model-based engineering/testing.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are flexible, result driven, have a “make it happen attitude”, are a good communicator and a self-starter.
- You have experience in technically leading a team of engineers.
- You are able to think and act on a system-of-systems level of abstraction.
- You can combine execution pragmatism with a structural process approach.
- You are explorative, curious and continuously looking for opportunities to extend test coverage to find relevant product issues.
- You can handle a dynamic context with different stakeholders with different demands, planning changes, partial lack of information, etc.