Secondment with contracting
Energy, Gas, Water
Over deze vacature
Senior Project Managers lead the delivery of engineered-to-order systems to customers in a demanding global and competitive market. Senior Project Managers are in the drivers’ seat externally and internally. The position is challenging as they should meet customers’ expectations, deliver our key performance indicators and improve the projects’ financial performance (cash/ profit) whilst managing all deviations from the plan arising from daily issues and materialized risks. The Senior Project Manager’s mission is to “lead by example” to bring project management to a higher level of professionalism.
- Form a project team during the negotiation and contract transfer phase, following the allocation of the project and after receiving information on the relevant background, framework conditions and objectives from the director of project management
- Make the required preparations for project start-up
- Organize a kick-off meeting with the customer to clarify the scope and make initial decisions
- During project start-up, initiate and carry out all activities related to this phase and execute the technical and commercial handoff
- During project execution, carry out all activities related to this phase, working closely with the cost controller, project buyer and lead engineer
- Coordinate and manage the project, focusing primarily on making the necessary adjustments in the event of deviations from the plan
- Responsibilities include: risk management, monitoring suppliers, progress and lead times and budget vs costs, quality control, contracts and legal aspects and coordinating handoffs between all departments involved
- Bear responsibility for project communication and reporting, both internally within the organization and to external parties such as the customer
- Monitor the customer relationship, working relationships within the team and the general mood within the team
- Provide input as required during service activities during and to the end of the guarantee period
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in. Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
What will you get in return?
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employer Institute and get the chance to develop and realize new improvements, meet suppliers, travel, have technical discussions and celebrate successes in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. In this position, you will truly have end-to-end responsibility and accountability in a global presence.
We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position, combined with an extensive package of fringe benefits and training opportunities. We offer a Hybrid Working policy that provides the opportunity to work from your home office up to 3 days per week.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in Managing Projects in engineering, construction, industrial/ infrastructure
- Led large teams, with full accountability, across multiple functions, either directly or indirectly
- Dealing with international suppliers of large, complex orders/components
- Led commercial, customer-facing projects in design-to-order projects of 6 months+ duration
- Senior Management-level interactions/negotiations with customers in demanding environments
- Experience of understanding implications of complex contractual terms and conditions – what team needs to do, potential risk areas and opportunities
- Has managed a number of large, complex projects
- Desirable – global cultural awareness – has worked on a project with international stakeholders, customers and/or suppliers
- Managed project costs/ P&L of significant value