Research & Development
Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
Over deze vacature
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment for customers in the renewable, industrial and PCOG markets. Our products have made a valuable difference for our customers for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a R&D Engineer who will join our R&D team and supports in making a valuable difference in the century to come. As R&D Engineer, you will contribute to design activities of New Product development projects focused for our Diaphragm compressors. This is a unique opportunity to work with a highly motivated team to capture the growth opportunities in the renewable hydrogen market!
- Delivering New Product Development projects as per our Product Roadmap in connection with our strategy to grow in the Renewable Hydrogen market
- Responsible for the product technical requirements, design, performance and technical documentation for New Product Development projects
- Responsible for training and support to project teams during the commercialization phase related to New Products of the product line
- Contributing or executing in full feasibility studies and concept studies from the ideation phase, in close cooperation with Product Management and Marketing
- Occasionally, the R&D Engineer can be involved in supporting project and service teams for specific designs and troubleshooting
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in. Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
What will you get in return?
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2022 by the Top Employer Institute and get the chance to contribute to the energy transition by deploying designs for renewable hydrogen market, have technical discussions and work with local and global teams with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position, combined with a Hybrid Working policy that provides the opportunity to work from your home office up to 3 days per week.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering or similar
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a design or engineering position
- Experience with compressors
- Experience with New Product Development
- Knowledge of calculation and design methodologies, systems and tools
- Knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics applied to compression
- Thoroughness and accuracy
- An open communication style
- Creative mindset with a customer focus
- Team player and a self-starter
- Strong analytic skills and fact based decision-making
- Strong ability to organize own work and prioritize requests
- Fluency in English