Research & Development
Secondment via YER, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
For well over a decade, we have been supporting the world-leading manufacturers of semiconductor equipment around the world with our knowledge of optics’ lifetime and contamination control, aiming at prevention, analysis and mitigation of contaminants or potential defects at nanoscale. Experimental work is performed in our Van Leeuwenhoek Laboratory, which houses a wide range of state of the art facilities: in-house built ultraclean vacuum equipment, EUV exposure facilities, XPS surface analysis systems, plasma exposure setups, equipment for nanoparticle detection and much more. One of our main goals is to support our partners worldwide and enable the continuing development of EUV lithography for high-volume manufacturing.
As an experimentalist / research technician you will work in a multi-disciplinary and competitive environment where you will operate a subset of our experimental setups. You will be trained on the job by a team of experts and gradually your responsibilities will grow. From assisting with experiments, to performing experiments under your own control, to becoming a setup owner yourself. As a setup owner you are responsible for the uptime of the setup, including taking care of the maintenance. You will gradually also be more involved in defining test performance specifications in collaboration with the scientists. You will also be involved in modifications of setups, the design and realization of specific components, and occasionally of complete new setups, if needed for specific research projects. If you love experimental research this is the job for you.
The Opto-mechatronics department focuses on the conceptual design of high-tech optomechatronics systems, in close cooperation with the research groups Optics, Space Systems Engineering, Nano-Instrumentation and Instrument Manufacturing. Large commercial projects are executed for customers in the domains of Space & Science instrumentation, Semiconductor Equipment and the Manufacturing Industry.
The role of the group within the strong global position of the Dutch mechatronics industry is that of supplier of breakthrough technology. Core areas for the group for the coming years are robust adaptive optomechatronics modules and control systems; industrial instrumentation for in-line inspection and control, and nano-optomechatronical instruments for applications in next-generation lithography, metrology and medical diagnostics. The group has a close collaboration with several universities and research institutes, a large network in industry and contributes to the Topsector roadmap Mechatronics.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to join as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with extensive application and career guidance. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary according to the standards of our clients
- 25 holidays per year and the option to buy more holidays
- A temporary or permanent contract with YER
- The possibility to join (y)our client directly after one year
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme according to STIPP
- Every hour of overtime will be compensated
- Open and transparent communication with your personal consultant
- Free Dutch classes
- Personal career coaching from our occupational psychologists
- Broad technical and softs skills training opportunities
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
To be able to fulfil the role as Operator & Research Technician for Nano-Instrumentation successfully it is important that you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- You completed at least a B.Sc. degree or equivalent one, preferably in Physics, Surface, Plasma or material Physic
- You have affinity with electrical and mechanical engineering (this is a pre)
- You have experience with working in cleanrooms and you are willing to work in a cleanroom environment part of your time
- You have experience / affinity in working with vacuum systems and/or plasma systems
- You are accurate, flexible and resilient
- You are eager to learn new things
- You have the drive to things done
- You are excellent in reporting both in writing and verbally
- You have excellent English communication skills
- You are a team player, and you have good international skills, which you can apply when interacting with internal and external stakeholders