Contract with Client
Over deze vacature
Are you, lawyer or M&A professional, looking for a new career step? Do you want to use your skills in a more entrepreneurial, commercial context? Are you interested in the regional differences in M&A risks and do you want to learn how to provide clients with tailormade solutions? Transact Risk Partners, a specialist underwriting team focused on transactional solutions, is looking for a M&A Underwriter. No underwriting experience is needed, you will learn on the job.
As an Underwriter you will work directly with Transact’s senior underwriters) evaluate, quote and execute Warranty and Indemnity insurances for Benelux deals. You will help expand Transact’s M&A offering, with a key focus on the review of the transaction documentation, maintaining relationships with brokers and M&A professionals, and due diligence work. Furthermore you are the primary review point for the request to insured Benelux based M&A transactions. This includes reviewing the information memorandum, purchase agreements and general company research and preparing a first draft M&A insurance quote document based on the above.
Other tasks are:
- Proofing and preparing first draft legal agreements (i.e. non-disclosure agreements, expense agreements etc)
- Legal filing responsibilities.
- Preparation of marketing and event material to be used at seminars.
Transact Risk Partners is a specialist underwriting team focused on providing transactional insurance solutions, namely Warranty & Indemnity (W&I) and Tax Insurance. The company provides a tailored W&I solution. The focus is mostly on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) within the BENELUX region. They understand that M&A processes, conventions and transaction risks differ from region to region - and their underwriting approach reflects this. Tax Insurance can be provided either in conjunction with an M&A transaction or as a separate stand-alone liability. Given their in-house expertise and a wide network of tax advisors, Transact Risk Partners underwrite tax risks Europe-wide. The company is a part of Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited. The partnership with Castel allows them to focus on underwriting and their clients’ needs whilst they take care of the operational functions.
Competitive salary package on offer.
- 1 - 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably at an international law firm, Big 4, or similar, in the Netherlands or Belgium. Or graduate University level (Law or Finance)
- Proficient in drafting legal and commercial documents, with the ability to negotiate with commercially and legally sophisticated advisors and clients. No previous insurance or underwriting experience is required
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with excellent command of both Dutch and English
- Enthusiastic and committed team player who can challenge other team members and work collaboratively in a highly focussed and skilled work environment