Research & Development
Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Your home base is TNO’s Nano Instrumentation expertise group. Coming from all over the world, your 50+ colleagues share a drive to develop innovative solutions based on semiconductor and plasma technology. You’ll find a supportive, caring environment and an open, friendly and highly professional atmosphere. We stimulate sharing ideas and welcome yours! And your buddy will help you with any questions or challenges you may have.
You thrive on translating research needs into well-designed engineering solutions, for which you take responsibility. And alternating between projects comes natural to you. Leveraging your communication skills and engineering prowess, you know how to navigate requirements, enthuse your stakeholders and achieve results that matter.
Global tech spending continues to grow and so does the demand for more and smaller semiconductors on chips. Applications as diverse as health-care instrumentation, autonomous cars and smartphones simply cannot do without. Would you like to help leading semiconductor manufacturers remediate critical contamination issues and to accelerate developments related to optics lifetime and ever greater miniaturization? As a (systems) engineer ultra clean vacuum equipment at TNO in Delft you will work in the frontline of plasma and nano technology, handling the engineering side of projects of increasing complexity. Join us, evolve and develop your full potential!
You will do the (systems) engineering of experimental hardware projects, leading to new experimental setups. After construction, these setups will be used to research questions such as: what is the behaviour of specific materials when exposed to plasma? This means engaging with colleagues and industry customers, translating their needs into engineering concepts, and delivering the best possible results. Working on multiple projects simultaneously, you will work together with and also need to keep overview of the work of small teams of scientists and experimentalists. All projects will have a project manager, but they will rely on you to manage the project’s progress on SE content. As your experience grows, so will the complexity of the projects. And your focus will shift from single systems engineering challenges to multi-facetted design challenges.
Independent research organization. We believe in joint creation of value in social and economic terms.
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- An Engineering Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry
- Experience of, or a keen interest in, semiconductor and plasma technology. And an eagerness to learn all there is to know
- Experience (> 3yrs) of systems engineering in the high-tech domain
- Excellent command of English, as you will be working in international teams