Interim / ZZP
Over deze vacature
For SABIC's Legal-Compliance Department in Sittard, we are looking for a highly motivated Data Privacy Specialist.
In your role as Data Privacy Specialist, you’ll be part of a global Legal Affairs team consisting of more than 100 people worldwide (of which the Legal-Compliance Department is a subset). You will be a data privacy subject-matter expert and responsible for contributing to key components of SABIC’s global data privacy program. Your scope of work will be diverse, and you will be working closely with the relevant businesses and functions within SABIC worldwide.
Your responsibilities will include the development of data privacy policies, protocols and guidelines, conducting data privacy registrations and impact assessments, closing data transfer agreements, mitigating and responding to privacy risks, advise on data retention, contributing to foster a data privacy culture, developing training and awareness programs, interacting with regulatory authorities, managing compliance systems and tools, and conducting trend analysis and reporting.
You will be part of a team with other subject-matter experts, and collaborate with other colleagues that support the Data Privacy Office, engage with external privacy counsels, work with third parties on negotiating and closing agreements, and advise business clients on regulatory developments and requirements.
SABIC is a global, diversified chemicals company, with more than 32,000 employees and with manufacturing, sales, technology, and innovation facilities located in around 50 countries across the globe. It manufactures on a global scale in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific, making chemicals, plastics, and other basic materials for a broad range of applications.
- Until the end of the year
- 32 - 40 hours
- Partial working from home possible
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree, preferably in Law or established practical experience on Privacy/Data Protection in an international business setting
- Certified Privacy Professional (EU/US/Asia)
- Knowledge of basic Information Technology and Cybersecurity concepts
- High level of integrity; strong compliance focus and diverse knowledge of legal/ regulatory environment
- An international, independent, pragmatic, proactive and result-oriented attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communicator on all levels, able to manage and advise different stakeholders, including senior management
- Able to act both independently and as team player
- Able to operate in a multicultural and multi-jurisdictional environment
- Experienced in embedding policies, protocols and processes into a multinational organization
- Enthusiastic and positive mindset and willing to take the extra mile to bring privacy to the next level
- Proficient in English (working language). Knowledge of Dutch or one or more other European languages is considered a plus