Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
For the Harness Engineering group, within Product Development department Vehicle Electrics / Electronics we are looking for an enthusiastic Wiring Harness Engineer, specifically in the area of Block Diagrams & Schematics. Challenging new projects in the Battery Electric Vehicles, alternative drivelines, ADAS will ensure an exciting and creative position for you. You will be responsible for HV and LV Connectors & Wiring Harness Components. As a Wiring Harness engineer, you must have automotive knowledge in the field of electrical installation to be able to define the correct components for all demands.
- You will be the central engineer with know-how on connectors in alignment with suppliers and component libraries responsible.
- You are also responsible for various proto and serial production releases of electrical components of harness engineering. The concepts and final production releases created by you are a well-considered design concept in which the set requirements (including reliability, manufacturability, costs and weight) are realized.
- You will be using specific software (Saber), where the block diagrams, schematics and wiring harness 2D drawings are made, and you will be the library components database.
- You will work closely with bundle engineers: within the SE team (simultaneous engineering teams with PD and Production Engineering, Purchasing etc.)
- In cooperation with system owners and bundle engineers, you will draw up vehicle schematics where you are a central key engineer in the various adjustments that are required.
- You organize and participate in Simultaneous Engineering teams to support the development process.
- You will support the Line Lead Harness Engineer in Saber tests/issues and also in related tools, like Saber Release tool / Saber Upload tool.
- You are responsible for starting up and following up the necessary tests.
- You will support other Saber users in Eindhoven/Leyland/Brazil and external Engineering Support companies.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families that will meet future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience.
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance.
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation.
- Travel expense reimbursement.
- Good pension scheme.
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time.
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life.
- An open culture and clear communication.
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
- HBO / Bachelor Electrical Engineer, HBO / Bachelor mechanical engineer, or comparable. Relevant Automotive and Electrical Installation working experience.
- Experience in Saber, Capital Harness, Zuken, or comparable, NX tools and working with High Voltage and Low Voltage in Automotive / Electrical Vehicles and detailed knowledge of connectors is a pre.
- You are able to convert technical challenges into realistic products.
- You are decisive, independent and have a passionate collegial attitude and can work well in a team.
- Language: Fluent English required. Dutch and German is a pre.