Secondment via YER, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
If you enjoy having a broad full system scope, and if you have a strong drive in improving the manufacturability and serviceability of a system by smart layout solutions and being critical towards designs by projects, then this function might fit you perfectly.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. You will be part of the DUV Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team does not deliver hardware, but has an overall responsibility for the Mechanical Layout during the whole V-cycle, ensuring that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way.
In the role of Mechanical System Layout Engineer, your job mission will be to support in setting the direction for ASML’s new and existing systems; balancing and optimizing machine building aspects over multiple system architecture.
You will be responsible for defining and validating the mechanical system layout of the machine. Together with experienced architects, secure that our machine can be accurately built, transported, installed and serviced in a robust way. You will support feasibility and concepts studies on new hardware that will be added to the machine.
To achieve these goals, you will:
- Validate and define the mechanical system layout of the machine
- Secure that our machines can be manufactured and serviced in an efficient and robust way
- Do feasibility and concepts studies on new hardware that will be added to the machine
- Performs system layout studies and manage budgets for volume, mass, tolerances, seismic, and installation in order to find solutions for functionality and module changes
- Validate concept changes, prescribe and validate tests like layout (accessibility), mass, tolerances
- Secure that facility infrastructure requirements will be delivered to customers in time with the right quality
- Cooperate with the factory, identify and drive improvements on integration (manufacturability & serviceability, ergonomics, safety)
- Support factory & field in case of issues related to the layout of the mechanical system
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
As we are looking for Mechanical System Layout Architect’s in multiple departments within the Mechanical Development cluster – via an application on this job opening, Recruitment and Group Leaders will together review and allocate your application to the most suitable team. After your application, we aim to follow up towards you within a week.
Bachelor or Master degree in a Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in validating layout machines or complex products (like cars, aerospace)
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Experience with mechanical design engineering (preferred)
- Experience with Siemens NX (preferred)
- Experience with tolerance calculations
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Significant interest in “system overview” (“We do not deliver hardware”)
- Helicopter view. Can easily determine priorities and main risks
- Team player on all levels (system engineers, architects, design engineers, management, factory engineers, etc.)
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Good communication skills. Easily cooperates with other departments and disciplines
- Critical on design solutions (of others). High drive for quality. Easily challenge colleagues
- Proactive attitude to obtain the information (regular go to clean room, talk to people from several departments)