Contract with Client
Logistics & Transportation
Over deze vacature
Do you have a proven track record in financial and group control and are you enthusiastic to work in a complex international environment where you can make impact as financial? This is your chance!
For Vroon, YER would like to get in contact with a Group Controller. In this position, you act as a strong business partner by managing and deploying financial measures and controlling processes. You will provide transparent information to enable and drive effective decision-making in achieving Vroon's strategic objectives.
Most important tasks and responsibilities:
- Drive the weekly, monthly, yearly and mid-term term Financial Planning processes
- Drive cashflow forecast processes
- Execute ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Partner, and drive the facility support functions in achieving their both short and long-term objectives
- Be a bridge builder between Group and business, maintaining an independent (financial) view on what is best for Vroon as a whole
- Drive the optimization and improvement of processes, standardization of reporting and insight driven analyses to satisfy the need for Management information
- Participate in improvement projects and validate the business cases
- Identify (business and financial) risks and opportunities
The Controlling Department has an active role as business partner in Vroon and continuously strives for improvement. Vroon is currently looking for a Group Controller at Group level who has a strong personality, positive/critical mindset and helicopter view. Vroon's new Group Controller feels accountable, is accurate, analytical, communicative, team-focussed, pragmatic and has an affinity for the business.
Reporting to the Group Controlling Manager, you form part of the Controlling Team, consisting of three Business Controllers and the Group Controller. You will join a team of enthusiastic colleagues, working closely together, with clear communication lines and agreements with one another. To be critical, while maintaining respect for one another and a joint drive to develop ourselves to the fullest, is what Vroon aims for.
Vroon is a worldwide shipping company. Their vision is to be recognised as a premier shipping company dedicated to a sustainable future. Vroon's mission is to provide transportation and management services and solutions that are reliable, sustainable, cost effective and enable their customers to be successful. Vroon is active ( through various subsidiaries and under different brand names) in the following business segments: livestock carriers; offshore-support vessels and services; dry-cargo vessels; container vessels; product tankers; high-heat tankers; car carriers and vessel-management services.
Vroon has a family culture with direct short reporting lines. With headquarters located in Breda (the Netherlands), Vroon employs about 2,000 professionals in offices around the world and on board a diverse fleet of approximately 120 vessels. From their Breda head office, approximately 120 staff support Vroon’s activities.
You will join a team with enthusiastic colleagues where they work closely together, have clear communication lines and agreements to one another. Being critical but with respect for each other and drive and develop yourself to the fullest is what Vroon is aiming for. It is important to develop yourself continuously and that is why Vroon has a wide range of development opportunities, including a (free) training programme and an annual personal budget to be used for your professional development goals. Vroon has right salaries and benefits for their employees, their company restaurant, in which it is a pleasure to have lunch or conduct meetings is just one good example of it.
Overview of the benefits:
- 28 days holiday per calendar year, excluding bank holidays
- Pension scheme: a defined contribution scheme as from 01-01-2019 with a 5% employee contribution
- Commuting expenses
- €30 net for Internet use per month
- Collective health insurance agreement with CZ: 4% discount on the basic package and 12% discount on the additional package
- Group discount Centraal Beheer (car and home insurance products), ranging from 5 % to 15 %
- Individual development budget of € 2,500.- per annum
- Preferably a Master or Register Controller degree
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position (in an international environment)
- Experience within the maritime industry is an advantage
- Proven track record in financial and business control at business unit, divisional or group level
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel and PowerBI
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English are essential
- Pro-active, hands-on mentality
- Strong analytical skills, critical and pragmatic
- Highly independent worker, self-driven and team player
- Takes ownership of issues from start to finish
- Able to communicate at all levels in the organisation
- Willing and able to replace other Controllers during absences