Research & Development
Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Is your drive to work ‘where the heat is’? Being the key in achieving the ultimo goal? Then working on ASML’s EUV source system to keep Moore’s law alive is your job! The essential aspect of bringing value is to generate new ideas and ensure that they are being worked out and delivered according to the specification as agreed with our customers around the globe… and that is where you come in!
The mission for the Design Engineer is to design and industrialize the next generation of optical components of our CO2-laser system as part of the EUV source. Increased optical power and better, more stable performance is a constant demand for our systems. Also, to improve usability by our customers and our Customer Support teams, the optical system has to become more automated and more robust to failure and restart. This requires mastering the full chain from requirement specification, design, and integration into the optical platform of high power optical elements and metrology systems. It is the task of the design engineer to develop new solutions or improve existing ones, and present those to the all stakeholders in the project. For this, you work with a large, multidisciplinary team. It includes the hand-over to Customer Support and manufacturing and to provide support in case of complex issues they cannot handle. This means that as design engineer, you are the module owner, being the spider in the web: you work very closely with the different groups within ASML (mechanics, software, electronics, manufacturing, customer support, ..) to make sure that in the end your specified deliverable proves to be working with a happy customer as the logical end result!
Identify and solve complex high-power laser optics issues. Drive to structurally fix them, either by prevention or by delivering advanced diagnostic tooling to shorten the repair time.
Key in this position is to improve the optical components materials and coatings to improve system reliability and availability, while enabling the regular power increases required by our customers. As you also communicate with other competencies to make your deliverables happen, this responsibility requires a high level of multidisciplinary technical knowledge combined with good communication skills and a big drive to make things happen.
- Apply broad knowledge in optical components, sensors, actuators and data analysis tools to drive control system improvements to enable continuously increased power and system availability
- Have thorough technical understanding of the overall complex CO2 system
- Specify optical requirements and deliver tools, test and analysis methodology, for performance monitoring and optimization. -Serves as a technical expert/owner for one or more optical subsystems
- Create and perform test plans to verify if the design is meeting the requirements, on module level and integrated in the overall system
- Investigate, analyze & troubleshoot issues in a structured way, find the root cause and turn this into plannable actions to contain and solve the issues structurally
- Present results to the project team and other stakeholders. Interacts with cross-functional groups (engineers and scientists, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, upper management, marketing, external customers). Crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization
- Support systems in the factory and the field. Travel (Asia / US) can be expected
- Create knowledge transfer to the factory and customer support
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to join as Engineering Professional and to combine challenging assignments with extensive application and career guidance. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary according to the standards of our clients
- 25 holidays per year and the option to buy more holidays
- A temporary or permanent contract with YER
- The possibility to join (y)our client directly after one year
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme according to STIPP
- Every hour of overtime will be compensated
- Open and transparent communication with your personal consultant
- Free Dutch classes
- Personal career coaching from our occupational psychologists
- Broad technical and softs skills training opportunities
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Masters degree or higher (PhD) in Experiemental Physics, Optics, Opto-mechatronics or similar. A background in high-power laser optics, UV optics, Plasma physics or Optomechanical design is a pre
- Demonstrable experience in advanced materials design for optical components, combined with hands-on experience in technical trouble shooting
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong independent problem solving skills
- Drive towards results within context / scope of larger project
- Able to summarize and communicate technical results efficiently in fluent English
- Being able to deliver under strong time pressure and able to cope with fluctuating priorities
- Being able to deliver results in collaborative team environment