Secondment via YER
Engineering, High Tech
Over deze vacature
Are you a Software Design Engineer, ready for the next step in your career? For this client I am looking for an experienced Software Design Engineer for a high-tech company in the region of Eindhoven. We are looking for someone who can help design and implement leading technology with a team of functional engineers.
As a senior software engineer, you will design and implement real-time computational models in C++, translating and then fitting your models into the scanner’s wider software architecture.
You will work on a range of physics-based challenges that the machines face, collaborating with functional engineers. They create models of machine processes, which predict how the hardware should behave to ensure the machines run with speed and accuracy.
To achieve this, you use data from the machine’s sensors as the input for the models that control the many actuators in the system. These models then help the machines meet their performance requirements from both a time and accuracy perspective. Code maintainability is another key area, where you must work across a huge code base, while also guaranteeing the future of the software.
The work at this multinational is challenging – you will often have strict deadlines, dozens of stakeholders, millions of lines of C/C++ code and hundreds of undocumented use cases and behaviours – but it is also exciting. You have to solve problems no other company has to solve, and it’s up to you to help push these unique machines right to the edge of their physical limits.
You will be part of a multidisciplined and friendly team, always available to provide guidance or a second opinion. Whatever you need, your colleagues are there to support you, whether helping directly with a problem or giving you the space to experiment to find a new solution.
A high-tech company is Eindhoven area.
- A Bachelor/Master’s degree/ PhD – preferably in computer science / software engineering or equivalent
- At least 5+ years of experience as a software designer in a large scale high-tech environment, with:
- C/C++ programming with strong knowledge of architectural patterns and object-oriented design and implementation;
- Experience with the agile/scaled agile (SAFe) way of working;
- Awareness of test-driven development and behaviour-driven development;
- Knowledge of Python, Julia, CI/CD, Boost, and/or MATLAB is a plus.
We would also welcome experience with:
- Machine development or embedded systems development
- Sensors and/or control loops
- Digital signal processors
- Machine learning