Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
In this position you will join one of the multidisciplinary project teams. These teams consist of experts with different technical backgrounds e.g. software, electrical, mechanical and chemical engineering. Within your team you are responsible for creating clear specifications, and making efficient and innovative design choices regarding embedded control software solutions.
You have an eye for quality and you understand that development speed is crucial. With your drive, strong interpersonal skills and your ambitious attitude you are continuously looking for opportunities to push our state of the art software development techniques further. You combine creation of real-time solutions for the control of our high performance inkjet printers with a drive to improve our current way of working by (e.g.) using model-based development methodologies, simulation and virtual prototyping techniques, agile scrum and continuous integration/delivery. Your solutions are robust yet flexible, so that they can be deployed in multiple products and configurations.
You translate requirements into a functional and technical design, rightly balancing functionalities, features, lead-time and cost. You ensure your design meets the project requirements, and your implementation fits the overall software architecture. In addition, you have an active outside looking attitude to translate external technology and tooling developments into value for our software departments. This position is based in Venlo, the Netherlands.
Canon is global leader in consumer and professional imaging. One of Canon’s goals is to be the #1 in printing. Our strategic imperative and incentive is to constantly look for opportunities to improve our organization, business, culture and brand and to proactively pursue our ambitions.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Technology
- 1-5 years of experience in (embedded) software development
- You have a strong affinity for embedded control and model based development
- Experience with UML, C++/C# programming, familiar with OO-design
- Experience with state-of-the-art software design patterns or software test design is a pre
- Working knowledge of Linux and software development environments (in particular Eclipse, RSA-RTE, GIT) and experience with software development processes is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English; verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus