Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Technical Team player with strong communication skills, who is able to develop components for future engine and after treatment platforms.
- Coordinate development of new and/or improvement of existing designs in cooperation with internal stakeholders from different departments and external suppliers.
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams.
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in close cooperation with suppliers.
- Leading all required Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) deliverables within the project.
- Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start-up follow-up activities if needed
- Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle.
- Proactively coordinate and monitor validation and releases in line with project milestones.
- Ensure the components meet their requirements with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
- Analyse results and make detailed technical proposals incl. presenting to management.
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF Global Engines Engineering is the centre of competence for development. In their state-of-art testing centre, they develop engine and after treatment configurations for the future regulations. Their trucks are best in class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with the best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for their customers. Future Engine development programs include hybrid and hydrogen powertrains.
The department External & Aftertreatment Hardware is responsible for the hardware development of new engines and after treatment systems, and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 4 groups; External 1 & 2, Fuel Air & EGR, and After treatment hardware.
This vacancy is in the External 2 group in the role of Mechanical Expert for Alternator and Air conditioning Compressor.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Automotive or Mechatronic Engineering.
- Min 3 years of experience in a product development environment.
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- You are able to handle multiple projects because of strong organization skills and a problem-solving and result driven personality.
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with ambition to learn Dutch.
- Automotive knowledge is a pre