Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
Over deze vacature
Designing and building complex software requires state of the art software tools. That’s what we do at IT Product &Technology Software Innovation: using the Scaled Agile Framework way of working to provide a world class development environment with efficient pipelines to our embedded software engineers. Making sure software can be stored, edited, validated, automatically tested, built and deployed across all our software stacks and machines. Extending and transforming the existing IDE into a world class environment by continuously innovating and introducing new tools to like GitHub Actions, Bazel, Docker, Kubernetes and much more. All while making sure that the development environment is well supported. Our goal? That our magic empowers our embedded colleagues to do their magic.
Our Tech Stack
#python #ruby #jenkins #github #githubactions #subversion #svn #cucumber #bazel #gradle #jira #jiraalign #buildbuddy #kubernetes #docker #artifactory #puppet #linux #rpm #azure #gcp #googlecloud
- Provide technical support to our customers from 2nd line on a daily basis;
- Operationally own our Development Environment;
- Establish in-detail knowledge of ASML’s Development Environment;
- Contribute to the internal knowledge management system and end user documentation to prevent issues;
- Analyzing & solving problems and incidents that impact our Development Environment, build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again (root cause);
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks;
- Manage issues proactively, monitor user experience and identify opportunities to automate remediation of issues;
- Support in creating structural solutions instead of workarounds;
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
- Good employee benefits;
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- Bachelor or master degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent;
- Ambition and motivation to develop in a long-term support specialist role, supporting customers every day;
- Motivation and a self-driven work ethic;
- Openness to new ideas and feedback;
- Analytical with a passion for finding issues and solving problems;
- Ability to effectively relay information between senior support engineers and customers;
- Have basic knowledge of development environments, build systems, CI/CD pipelines;
- Have experience in programming in a technical environment;
- Have Linux command line experience;
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ticket Management Systems, preferably Service Now;
- Logging infrastructure and tools such as Splunk and Zabbix;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Puppet & Terraform);
- Cloud experience (Azure/AWS/Google);
- Networking, Security and Storage;
- Scalable systems using Kubernetes;
- Proven experience with building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines;
- Linux administration and troubleshooting skills;
- Working in a true Agile DevOps environment;
- Highly motivated to become acquainted with new topics and technologies (i.e. about our CI/CD pipelines and the company’s internal build system);
- Fluent in English, both in speaking and writing.