Marketing & Communication
De Run 6501, Veldhoven
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent, Secondment with contracting
Over deze vacature
For our client ASML, YER is looking for a Program Manager - Community Engagement, Education, who will be working in Veldhoven (Eindhoven area). It's a full-time, temporary assignment, beginning immediately and initially lasting for until September 2022, with the possibility of extension.
Do you want to be part of progress and join ASML's Community Engagement team?
The Community Engagement & Technology Program Manager works on the technology promotion program. You work on the goals by an extensive program of activities, which consist of guest lessons, visits to ASML and events throughout the Netherlands. Target groups are primary and secondary school students and their teachers. All these activities are hosted by ASML employees: our tutors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the team with STEM promotion.
- Support the CE Team with organizing events such as Dutch Technology Festival etc.
- Welcome and guide visiting schools to ASML.
- Significantly growing the number of tutors at ASML to expand the impact of our technology promotion program.
- Ensuring training for ambassadors to act as tutors.
- Optimizing the matching process between ASML tutors and schools.
- Maintaining and growing the network of schools.
- Responsibility for continuous development and improvement of tutoring materials as well as course material, together with the teachers.
- Maintaining a strong link between ASML’s technology promotion program and ASML’s part-time teaching program (also known as “hybrid teaching program”).
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits.
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office.
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture.
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals.
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- There is also the possibility of being hired as a freelancer.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
You have multiple years of experience in community engagement or event management. Working experience in technology or teaching is a plus.
Proven professional and behavioral skills needed to succeed in this role:
- Strategy and business understanding: Exhibit understanding of corporate structure and strategic goals. Can explain corporate and Community Engagement strategy to a variety of stakeholders.
- Creativity: understand and identify essence and boundaries of the creative process: select ideas and improve and make ready for execution in line with the ASML brand (purpose, vision, mission).
- Critical thinking and analytical skills: deal with complexity, information processing. Regularly go through ‘What if’ scenarios.
- Focus on delivering value/tangible business outcomes: draft a plan and come up with ideas to make it work. Recognize business objectives behind plans. Identifies desired results. Understand value added work. Act accordingly, seeking advice from manager when unsure.
- Stakeholder management: be sensitive to the needs of a variety of different stakeholders and ability to independently set priorities.
- Initiative, entrepreneurship, vision: recognize business needs and come up with ideas. Align with stakeholders.
- Inspiring others: Share ideas and suggestions with others. Can articulate contribution of own work to company and outside network
- Technology understanding: Affinity with technology and STEM education; eagerness to develop a basic understanding of ASML technology and future development; proven ability to differentiate messages between different audiences.