Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Within the Controller HW team, Controllers based on the INTEL platform are being developed in close cooperation with projects and with Manufacturer located in Taiwan. These controllers are used for embedded control within printer engines and are used with Windows or Linux operating system.
During development prototypes have to be validated against the requirements. Besides functional behavior this may include: BIOS, performance, energy consumption, security etc. Validation test results and test methods used have to be documented. Modifications, caused by parts becoming obsolete, can be proposed by the manufacturer. These modifications have to be validated on a test bench and/or in the printer application. Consequences for PDP have to be updated in the product specification.
This team, consisting of Frank and the new colleague, is independent of the projects. You could see it as a platform team. You work together with many projects, which means that you have many stakeholders within the organization and therefore speak to many colleagues.
Work package and timeline
- Q2 - Validation of INTEL WGI211-AT LAN device
- Introduction into C1x, C3x Controller HW, validation of Controller HW incl. documentation
- Alignment with projects on plan/planning
- Q3 - Validation of revised Controller hardware
- Introduction into C5x, C6x and S2x Controller HW, validation of Controller HW incl. documentation
- In the beginning, much of the work has to be done in the office to speed up getting acquainted with the controller HW and work environment/projects. In a later stage, depending on the activities, it may be preferred to work part-time from home. To keep track on progress, regular meetings (two-weekly) will be scheduled
- UVD Unit Validation Document describing the test results for each unit tested
- PDP Product Specification - revised document with update of specifications
- SOP Standard Operating Procedure, manual(s) describing the test method and tools used
- For the required documents, a Canon template will be used
- Configuration of Controller hardware (update HW components , BIOS updates)
- Supporting and coordinating projects with Configuration and integration testing
- Involved in new project development
We are innovators, creating exceptional technologies, products and services for our main markets in printing and workflow management. We are focused on accelerating digital imaging technologies and developing high-tech printing products. Our audience? We make no difference. Our clients range from creative studios around the corner to blue-chip multinationals around the globe.
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 3 to 5 Years work experience and affinity with computer HW (not just SW)
- Experience in development or engineering (since creating product specifications is an important aspect of this role) Self-reliance
- Autonomous and drive (being entrepreneurial from within)