Secondment via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you want to play a key role in developing the next generation diesel and alternative fuel engines?
- Calibration of Engine Out NOx Sensor, Cooling System & Crankcase Ventilation System diagnostics to ensure the engine is compliant to OBD regulation and meet requirements from DAF product specification book.
- Specify and monitor interaction between different development teams for involved components and associated diagnostics. Technical as well on planning, timing and quality aspects.
- Perform or Support Calibration and Verification work on engine and vehicle level.
- Identify Weaknesses & Opportunities with regard to diagnostic, processes and tooling.
- Support Field data analysis.
- Support the OBD certification process.
- Development of tools to control, maintain and optimize calibration processes (Test-cases / DOE / Simulations / HIL) and different types of documentation.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) is a precision-based technology embedded into PACCAR’s world-class diesel engines. It’s a digital communication system that provides a real-time snapshot of Engine and Aftertreatment performance to inform the driver and aid service technicians during repair. On-Board Diagnostics is about making a global impact while examining the tradeoffs between certification and robustness.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience.
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8.33% holiday allowance.
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization.
- Travel expense reimbursement.
- Good pension scheme.
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time.
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life.
- An open culture and clear communication.
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
- Bachelor or Master degree on automotive or mechanical engineering with specialization on internal combustion engines.
- Knowledge or interest in OBD regulation and OBD systems.
- Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams.
- Good Matlab/Simulink, Data Processing Tools & MS-Office skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge about Statistics is required.
- Ability to bring a message across to different audiences, motivate and support team members.
- Good English skills are mandatory, combined with willingness to learn Dutch if needed.